~1~

The cold silvery wind swept around Alina's shoulders, gently blowing her bright auburn-tinted hair. She shivered when she feels the slick fingers tickle her neck.

Huddling her oversized blood red sweatshirt closer to her chest, her grip on her art book tightens when she looks out at the ever-busy streets of New York.

Sighing, she walks herself to the edge of the slightly rundown apartment complex.

Gently placing her art book onto the cold concrete below her, she takes a seat, dangling black ripped jeans legs over the side of the building. Taking her book in her hands she turns the black plastic cover looking back on some of the drawings in her 115-page book, which she rarely, if ever, did.

Smiling at some of the portraits she'd done of her family at her old house, god did she love that place, there were countless adventures she had shared with her sheepdog Matilda. Wandering through the woods at unspecified times of the night when she couldn't sleep. She specifically remembered how the moonlight shone on the border collies healthy coat, the beautiful brown colour could not go unnoticed. Matilda was the present she had gotten for her 7th birthday. A gift she would cherish forever.

And sometimes if her dads had finished work in the fields early they'd play through the long stems of sugarcane fields. How the old storage barn smelled of bakery goods and candle wicks.

Tearing up slightly when the happy moments filled her mind, she closed her eyes, trying to saver every memory of those moments. She can already begin to see the cracks start to form in the most important ones.

You see Alina's surprisingly functional family had recently moved to New York City to start their new business, her dads had been working very hard on this little dream they've had for the past three years, that's the only reason why she agreed to come into the city in the first place. She really did like her old home and the memories she had shared there, but there were bad sides to her old home to...she barely had any social interaction with anyone.

When she quickly realized that she actually had to talk to people in the new environment she would soon call home, she quickly settled in with a group of incredibly sarcastic, edgy, overdramatic people she shared passions with.

Chuckling to herself she turns the page, running her fingers across the oily and slightly rough piece of cream paper, displaying DC's very own Damian Wayne.

Just as she was about to skim her pencil across the surface of his jawline, she stops, noticing something in the distance.

Bright flashes of purple and yellow light danced in the sky about a block away. Surprised by the loud sudden explosion, Alina falls backward silently, her grip on her art book loosening, causing it to fall into the dark alley below.

Silently cursing herself for being so jumpy, she slowly stands up from her perch. As she carefully heaves herself down, her foot only just skimming the first ledge of the old rusted fire escape. Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding she carefully made her way to the bottom. With a light thud of her dark work boots, she began her search for her beloved book.

Slowly she trudges her way across the alley making sure to check everywhere in her path.

She stops dead in her tracks in the middle of the small dark alley, barely illuminated by the busy streets and howling car lights. Turning towards the sound of fast pace steps.

They seem to be getting louder echoing throwout the lonely back streets of New York City, creeping towards her, taunting her. She holds her breath, her heartbeat quickening.

Until a figure turns the far corner, a slim looking person with a dark trench coat, top hat and neatly polished dress shoes.

Alina quickly deciding to start her search again acting like she had seen nothing knowing that was the best decision. She stiffens after hearing the 'clock' of the shady figures dress shoes as they slow their walking. Turning her gaze back to the assumed male seeing he is less than 2 meters away from her. Alina looks up to where she thought his face must be, seeing nothing but shadowy definition, considering the low light.

The man watches as Alina gives the best smile she can muster her dew coloured irises scanning over the man.

The right hand of the mystery figure raising slightly as he takes a few small steps forward reaching inside his coat. Holding her breath, sweat starting to form on her forehead, she looks away.

Waiting about 30 seconds she flutters one eye open to see his right gloved hand extended out towards her with her art book in his palm. Gently taking the A4 pile of papers out of the outstretched hand, her eyes land on a small silver and purple device tightly fastened around his wrist, following her gaze he quickly snatched there hand away from the teenage girls view, tugging on the corners material pulling it back over there wrist once again.

She watches as the stranger continues walking to the mouth of the alley which leads to one of the many main roads of New York City. "Th-thank you!" Alina yells after him in a slightly weaker voice than intended. Stopping, the man looks at her and with a tip of his hat,

He continues walking,

And out of sight.

Hi,  first of all,  I really appreciate the views. thank you for clicking on this shit. This will be an ongoing story and I will upload whenever I can, I have a school exertion tomorrow so I should be able to write more for you anyone who's reading my trash~^-^~