His Visit

His confidence didn't take long to rebuild after Marinette's public scene, where she dumped him in front of everyone on his side of the family, and everyone on her own as well. Of course, after she stormed off with her friend at their "magical" wedding day, he was left speechless.

It was awkward to have to explain what had just gone down to the audience. What Fabio told everyone was that Alya gave Marinette the wrong idea, and he misheard her saying that he actually wanted to get her sketchbook so he could get someone who could help her achieve her dream.

No one really knew he was lying.

That lazy afternoon was the time he decided he would try to salvage what he could of their broken relationship. He thought it could take a while to build her trust, but Fabio felt that his plan could work.

Even if he couldn't manage to fix what their broken had, he could at least try to grab her sketch book and sneak it out. At this point, Fabio wasn't sure where she had left it, but he assumed it would be in the same place he'd remembered she kept it back when they lived together.

Knocking at the door, Fabio cleared his throat and adjusted his tie. With a rose in his hand, he prepared a regretful facial expression in hopes that Marinette would take him back.

Already having woken up after sleeping all morning, Adrien spent the rest of the day watching movies with Marinette.

"I'll get it for you," Adrien told the girl sitting beside him on the couch as Marinette lowered her TV's volume.

"Thank you, Adrien! Hurry back before the commercial break ends and the movie continues!" She smiled as he stood to get the door.

When he opened it, Marinette curiously peeked her head up from above the couch to see who was there, but she couldn't clearly tell who stood in front of Adrien. Lazily, she sunk back into the couch and continued to watch the foot cream advertisement she and Adrien had previously been waiting to finish before the knock came.

The blonde's eyes suspiciously narrowed on the slightly taller man who stood before him.

"Can I help you?" Adrien asked with a low growl, stepping outside and closing the door behind him as he stood to shield Marinette's apartment.

"Adrien Agreste? Why are you in my fiancé's apartment?" Fabio asked, his tone filled with annoyance.

"Last I recall, Marinette told me she broke off contact with the moron who was using her for her fashion designs. What exactly do you want with her?" Adrien felt a surge of protectiveness burst throughout his body for the girl he'd become so close to in the past few days.

"I would never have done that to such a sweet girl. Alya just had it out for me and she wanted to make sure we didn't marry, so she lied to her supposed best friend and painted me as the villain," Fabio told Adrien, keeping straight eye contact with the blonde model. His voice exaggerated as if he was bringing sarcasm into play.

"Right," Adrien rolled his eyes, "So believable."

"And what happened to being Daddy's little model? Did he fire you?" Fabio gave a teasing pout, obviously trying to push the boy's buttons. Having a more tall, muscular build, he looked down on Adrien condescendingly.

"Alya would never lie to Marinette. She only cares about her best friend, and I can definitely see why she didn't like you so much. For your information, I resigned from modeling, Fabio. The reasons are none of your business," Adrien made clear, speaking through gritted teeth at a low volume to keep Marinette from knowing that her crappy ex-boyfriend was here. He didn't want to upset her with this dingbat's arrival.