8. The punishment

I sat up in my bed and gently kissed Hana on the cheek. Tears welled in my eyes as I remembered how my life used to be. My group of girls, living without rules and restrictions. Then remembering how it was all taken away from me. My fault, it was my fault. I left them and I couldn't make it to them in time. My legs, my stupid legs couldn't run fast enough. I wasn't strong enough to reach them in time, I would've given up my life just to let them live. To give them a second chance at life, free of their debt and fear. I push back the tears and get up, making sure not to wake Hana. I quietly walked out of the room and towards the exit. "Where are you going?", Sasori asks looking up from his book. "To get some air", you lie. He nods and looks down at his book again. I sigh and do the necessary hand signs and the entrance opens. I walked further and further into the forest, making sure a was not too close to the base. "Clone jutsu", I say, making the hand signs. I make a clone but not one that looks like me. She has long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes. Hana's mother, Haruka. I fall to my knees and let the tears run down my face. She stares down at me with anger filled eyes. "I'm sorry Haruka", I cry. She shakes her head and begins to beat me. Even though I am immortal I can still feel physical pain. I deserve this, ever kick, punch and stab, I deserve it all. No matter how much it hurts it will never hurt as much as the guilt I feel every day remembering the girls who were my family. She throws a kunai at me, hitting me in the chest. A normal person would've died straight away but my immortality stopped it, only giving me pain.

Hana woke up with a smile and snuggled into Kuro's form. She rolls over only to be met with an empty space, where (Y/n) would usually be. She sits up in bed and rubs the sleep from her eyes. She gets changed and begins to look around the hide out for (Y/n). Hana saw Sasori sitting on the couch reading and decided to ask him. "Have you seen my sister?", she asks. He nods, not bothering to look up. "She said she was going out for some air". Hana bows and goes back to the room. Suddenly a loud scream filled the hideout. Konan rushed into (Y/n)'s room and found Hana hunched over and crying on the floor. I piece of paper clutched to her chest. "What's wrong?", Konan asks. "S-she's doing it again", Hana stutters. "Doing what?". "T-the punishment". Hana looks down at the paper reading the three words marking it. 'I'm sorry Haruka'. Tears drip onto the paper and smudge the writing. "Come on, lets go and find her", Konan says, picking Hana up and putting her on her back.

They ran through the forest until Konan sensed (Y/n)'s chakra. They continued to run towards it until they reached a clearing. They could now see (Y/n) being beaten by a blonde woman. "M-mom?", Hana whispered. Konan threw a paper shuriken at the woman and she disappeared in a puff of smoke. (Y/n) lay bloody and unconscious on the ground. Hana ran up to her and began crying into her chest. "Please stop doing this, please I hate it". Konan picked (Y/n) up bridal style and walked back to the base, Hana walking slowly behind her. They reached the hideout and Konan did the hand signs, then they walked in. "What the fuck happened?!", Hidan yells, running over to you. He takes you out of Konan arms and lays you down on the couch, resting your head on his lap. Your body slowly begins to heal itself and you regain consciousness. You slowly open your eyes and look up to see Hidan looking down at you. "Are you alright?", he asks. You nod your head and rub your eyes. "Yeah I'm fine, its just a headache". You sit up only to be pushed back down by a fist connecting with your cheek. You sit back up and see a crying Hana, she runs at you and tackles you in a big hug. "P-please stop doing this", she begs. I sigh and shake my head. "I'm sorry Hana I can't, I hate myself everyday because I messed up your chance of a normal life", I say, gently caressing her cheek. "No I don't want a normal life, I want to stay with you forever", she sobs. I smile down at her. "I wish you could but I'm immortal and your not, one day your going to leave me and live a normal life". She shakes her head. "I'm never going to leave you". "Don't you want to get married?", I ask. "No that's gross, boys are annoying". I giggle and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear."So beautiful just like your mother, any man would be lucky to marry you". She looks up at me with sad eyes. "Sister you're beautiful, why aren't you married?". I blush and look down at my lap. "People like me don't get married", you mumble. "Anyway I'm too busy looking after you to do that", you add. "Well what are you going to do when I'm gone?", she asks. I smile down at her. "Don't think about that, just worry about now", you say hugging her again. Hana looks over your shoulder, locking eyes with Hidan. An idea forms, what if she can get the two immortals together?

Loved writing this chapter, can't wait for the next. More time to hang out with Hidan in the next chapter. Vote and follow me for more. Thank ya XD