Four

After the whole gas station incident, Shawn decided to drive and let me sleep since I had a throbbing headache from crying. Shawn's hand was on my thigh, he rubbed small circles soothingly as I drifted off to sleep. Shawn's angelic voice was the only thing I could hear before falling into a peaceful sleep.

"Liz," my eyes fluttered open to see a faint light coming  from the top of the car. I realized it was dome light. I rubbed my eyes and sat up in the velvety seats. "We're here." Shawn said taking off his seatbelt. I looked at my surroundings and instantly knew where I was. I could see the tall pointy trees covered in soft white snow. The cabin in front of us had the lights on so that we could see some of it. My mom's car was parked up front. I took off my seatbelt, grabbed my bag, and walked up to the house. The icy snow hit my feet making a shiver go down my spine. I could feel the small snow flakes stick to me as I walked up to the cabin. Shawn walked beside me, I could hear his teeth chattering from beside me.

"Thank god! You guys were supposed to be here a hour ago, what happened?" My mom asks running over to us. I just hugged her back and squeezed her tightly. I glanced over at Shawn signaling for him to talk.

"Well, Elizabeth had to stop for gas. She went to pay and I was going to pump the gas. Apparently a guy started talking to her inappropriately, and wouldn't let her leave the store." He explained.

"That's terrible," My mom said pulling me into another hug, "I'm so glad that you're okay."

"So there's a small problem," my dad said as he had a mouth full of brownie, "there's only two rooms, so either you and Shawn can share a room, or one of you can sleep on the couch, but I'm pretty sure you two are just going to end up sharing a room." My dad shrugged.

I looked over at Shawn to see him already looking at me, he just nodded his head signaling that we would share a room. We grabbed our bags and walked to the room. A huge bed with a bunch of small pillows sat in the middle of the room, a bay window showed the pond in front of the house, and the clean snow lying on the ground, a bathroom was on the other side of the room, and a tv was right in front of the bed on a dresser. There was plenty of space for Shawn and me.

"I call this side." I said plopping down on the right side of the bed, it was closest to the bay window. Shawn put his bag on the bed and laid down beside me.

"I wish I would of gone into the gas station, not you." Shawn said breaking the silence that was between us.

"Shawn its okay. I'm okay, so don't worry." I said grabbing his hand and tracing circles on it.

"I know, but what if you weren't. What if would of done-," I cut him off.

"Shawn," his eyes looked up from the white comforter to meet my eyes, "nothing happened, I'm okay." He nodded his head and squeezed my hand gently.

"Now let's get some sleep."