Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

"Andrew?" Bethany said, though she knew her voice was far too quiet to be heard over the music currently blaring out of the radio. She was fearing for her speakers lives as a matter of fact.

And Andrew? He was dancing back and forth in his seat and kept sticking his head out the window, letting the wind blow through his dark hair and smiling from ear to ear. Bethany was fearing for his sanity nearly as much as she was fearing for her speakers. Though she couldn't lie, his lighthearted spirit was refreshing. Bethany herself had never been lighthearted. She worried too much about everything to ever let herself just be free.

"Andrew?" she called again, just a little more loudly. Still he didn't seem to hear her as he drummed his hands on the dashboard. Who would have known that Bon Jovi would have crossed such a large generation gap?

"ANDREW!" Bethany finally exclaimed, shocking even herself. Andrew quickly turned down the radio and was still grinning from ear to ear as he looked over at her, "That's great music! Nicole never has played the radio on her truck. You did say that was called a radio didn't you?"

"Yes," Bethany replied as she pulled her car to a stop at a red light. "Are you ever just calm?" she asked as he swatted at the tiny dolphin air freshener hanging from her rear view mirror.

"Calm?" he asked as he frowned and a crease formed on his forehead. "I don't know."

"I think I do," she replied dryly. "Now we'll be at the dress makers soon and I have to figure out who I'm going to tell everyone you are."

"Who am I?" Andrew asked and he flashed Bethany a smile that had her stuttering and forgetting how to speak momentarily.

"W..well we," she cleared her throat, "We can't say that you're from 1875 without everyone thinking we've lost our minds so how about we say that you are." Bethany bit her lip as she thought for a moment and she saw Andrew's eyes become locked on her mouth.

A horn blared behind them and Andrew jumped and swung around, pulling his gun as he moved, "Stop!" Bethany exclaimed in horror as she realized the light was green and the car behind her had merely been trying to make her aware of that fact. "You can't shoot people just because they honk their horns at us."

Andrew grinned sheepishly and turned back around in his seat, "I probably wouldn't have. Ian is the one that shoots everything."

Bethany just shook her head. How had Nicole been doing this for three days? It had only been thirty minutes and already Bethany felt as if she was going to go crazy. Then again Andrew was awfully good looking even though he acted like an overactive Pomeranian.

Bethany sighed, "I spent the summer out in Kansas at my aunt's house, how about we say that you are a friend of the family and you...."

"Friend of the family? I don't even know your family. How about we say you just knocked me plumb off my feet and I chased after you?" h e asked with a wink.

Bethany let out a loud bark of laughter and then realized he wasn't joking. She shook her head and gave him a look of disbelief, "No one would believe that for a second!" she exclaimed. "I'm not exactly the sweeping a man off his feet type."

"Maybe that's what swept me off my feet," Andrew replied with a shrug and then his attention was diverted by a woman jogging down the side of the road in nothing but a sports bra and a pair of short spandex shorts. She had her bright blond hair pulled back and her impressive assets were bouncing with every move she made.