Part 36

Mark

   Jinyoung gave me a dumbfounded look,"Seriously? You want to start training now?" I shrugged, hands still in the water. The refreshing yet cold feeling made me want to jump in,"Well I was planning to stay here for a while, and wash up in the river. But we could train if you want to." Jinyoung scoffed at the idea, not before I could see a small smile appearing on his lips. Giving him a knowing look I nodded towards the water. He eyed the river anxiously,"W-we don't have dry clothes." Moving my gaze to my clothes I realized he was right. I hadn't thought of that beforehand. Biting my lip as a thought entered my mind I pondered over the option. Would it be too awkward? Was it to soon?

Pushing doubts aside my hands moved to the hem of my shirt and pulled up. Jinyoung's voice immediately appeared, stuttering,"Wh-what are you doing? Why are you taking your shirt off?" Giving him a smile as the shirt passed my head I carefully rested it on a branch beside the river,"I'm getting ready to swim. If I don't have dry clothes, then don't get them wet." I tapped my head with my index finger,"Common sense Jinyoung." He stood a bit away from me, mouth slightly open in what I hoped was awe over shock. Was I being too forward? Jinyoung's expression caused a chuckle to escape my lips, his mouth opening and closing reminding me of a fish,"Are you going to swim?" Lips pressed together tightly Jinyoung hesitantly reached for his shirt. My eyes softened at the gesture,"You don't have to do that if you don't want to-"

"It's okay, I can do it."

  My eyes followed his movements as his arms lifted his shirt over his head. The jet black hair on his head being ruffled. A familiar urge to walk to his side, the one place I had been most often these days, quickly disappeared as the vision of Jinyoung's terrified face at my touch brutally reminded me what had happened to him. I would have to take everything slow, and I suddenly felt it was my turn to teach him what it meant to be together. Something he had taught me everyday, ever since I had been taken.

Pale skin appeared in place of dirt stained clothe, having a significantly superior glow. I didn't have to touch it to know just how soft it was, I had held onto his hands enough times to know the effect his smooth skin had on me. Why were these thoughts entering my mind now? Stop it Mark. While I had been in a daze Jinyoung had successfully stripped all articles of clothing except his underwear. Staring at me with his own expecting gaze,"Stop staring Yi en and take off your pants, or are you not swimming?" Jinyoung seemed to be proud of my expression, something similar to the fish he had looked like earlier.

  Blinking away my thoughts I finished undressing, holding out my hand,"Let's swim?" Jinyoung eyed me hand before stepping further away,"Okay." He whispered, turning in the opposite direction and walked towards the river. I tried to push the sudden pain away, but it seemed impossible to do. Following him I touched the surface of the water, jumping slightly at the unexpected coldness. Jinyoung laughed at my misfortune and I gave him a teasing glare in response,"What? It's cold!" Jinyoung shook his head. Moving at a steady pace he waddled into the water without flinching until he was up to his chin,"Stop being a wuss and come in."

  Placing a hand on my chest I let my jaw drop in mock hurt,"Did-did you just call me, a wuss?" Jinyoung lifted his chin proudly, a lazy smile on his face. The silence was enough to know his answer. I puffed my chest out, squared my shoulders and over dramatically stomped into the water. By the time it reached my knees the speed of my footsteps had slowed down. Jinyoung watched with a raised eyebrow a few feet away,"Wow, you've really outdone yourself. Even I couldn't stop that early on." Rolling my eyes my ego yelled at me to jump in, but my brain and body temperature screamed I would die. Deciding that at any moment I could die anyways, I took a deep breath before diving into the water.

  Goosebumps littered my skin as the water surrounded me. A chill ran through me, my arms moving forward to slice through the river causing my body to move closer to the surface. I took in a breath of air, my face emerging from beneath the refreshing yet freezing liquid. Jinyoung caught my eye as he practically laid on top of the water. His eyes closed, mouth lazily parted, only a bit. His now wet hair stuck to his forehead, and I couldn't help but think I had never seen him look so peaceful.

My own lazy smile appeared on my face as I swam randomly. Backwards, to the side, diving, the happiness never leaving. Here in the middle of the woods, was a river that could make all your worries disappear, even for a short moment, a millisecond, but it was worth it. No pain, grief, or sense of loss. Just a relaxing bliss,"Jinyoung." I started out of nowhere. My body has been placed on a rock, half way in the water half way out. Closed eyes kept me from seeing his reaction so I continued,"I like it here." My voice came out in a slur of barely audible syllables, though somehow I knew he understood what I was trying to say. A distant hum reached my ears in response and agreement.

The sound of splashing water let me know Jinyoung was moving around,"I don't understand something, and it's bothering me." As I began to sit up he rushed into stopping me,"Please lay down. I can't say this with you looking at me." Hesitantly moving to where I was Jinyoung continued,"It was not even yesterday that I was in what was the worst day of my life. The worst few days. Yet here I am an hour later, a smile on my face. It's because of you Mark Tuan, and your stupid ability to make me forget the pain. Forget the bad to live the good. So I thank you." Not caring if Jinyoung didn't want me to stare, I sat up, eyes open. My mind had been broken into to parts, one telling me to comfort Jinyoung and to remind him how beautiful his smile was. The other telling me to wait for him to come to me, wait until he is ready to talk. But what if he needs a little push in the right direction?

  Jinyoung's back faced me as I moved off the rock and made my way to him. I was so caught up in the moment I forgot to remind myself Jinyoung had been tortured less than two hours ago. Hugging him from behind I let myself relax into the show of affection, that is, until he began to squirm uncontrollably in my arms. Quiet whimpers sounded from his lips and I quickly pulled back, just to have him push through the water, desperately trying to get away from me. Jinyoung didn't stop until he had reached the shore, his thighs still in the water as his body shook. I couldn't tell if it was from fear or the cold, the thought troubling me,"Jinyoung?"

  He didn't seem to hear me. Water dripped from his hair and down his face, mixing with tears. I wanted to reach out, but felt that would make the situation ten times worse,"Jinyoung?" I tried again, my voice louder. His head turned so his eyes locked with mine. A fire burned in them,"I lied. I can remember the pain." His lips trembled, his words tripping over themselves,"The pain of every hit, every word, every touch. It's all I can feel." Without another word he stood up on shaking legs and darted for the trees. My eyes landed on the clothes laid out carefully on shore. It's not safe for him out there,"Jinyoung wait!" I swam as fast as possible to land, grabbing our clothes and taking off after him. The trees swallowing me as I began my search.

-------

Heeeeeey guyyyyyss

I have good news

NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE LONG~~~

A full two days in the story, in one update. You lucky people!

Now you may be asking why I am doing it....well because the story needs to pick up its pace since I want to end it before it reached 50 chapters!!

Btw we have almost reached 4K views!!!! Thank you all so muuuuch for reading my story and I hope you continue to enjoy~