Nico

Today is Percy's birthday.

I had just asked Percy what he thinks about me marrying his mum. He seemed happy about it but at the same time worried.

He had this a look in his eyes, telling me I was screwed if I hurt sally. Not that I intended to.

Next came Percy's father, he was like a older twin of Percy. With the raven black hair and intimidating sea green eyes, although he was dressed a bit strangely.

Apparently his name is Poseidon... Yes, like the Greek god. It was weird seeing what Percy's father looked like. I admit it, he was a very good looking man, seeming to young to be Percy's father. 

Yet his eyes told me he isn't, like Percy's, they seemed like they belonged to an old man yet they matched his figure.

I had seen that look in Percy's eyes when he's sad. Poseidon had a calm and collected look in his eyes but I knew that it was like calm before the storm. I had a feeling that It was a bad idea to disrespect him or make him angry.

He seemed like a leader and I should follow him, but he was also kind and had a glint of mischief in his eyes that could flicker dangerously when angry like a raging sea.

He was exactly like Percy.

Then he disappeared down the fire escape with no explanation, Percy said he had to go because there was a emergency. So now here we are, sitting on the couch watching Tyson make everyone bankrupt in monopoly.

I heard Percy's door open and he walked out, he was shortly followed by a young skinny and extremely pale boy who looked maybe ten or eleven.

His eyes darted round nervously as though he was scared. I looked at Percy to see he had a wide grin on his face but was watching the young boy.

Sally looked up and once she saw the boy she had a look of worry.

"Mum, Paul, this is Nico" Sally gave a warm smile and gave him a warm hug. He seemed shocked at first but slowly relaxed and forced a smile.

I shook his hand and was surprised by how cold he was. My gaze flickered to my left and I saw Percy and Sally whisper to each other.

Percy seemed to say something and Sally nodded with a sympathetic smile and whispered something back which Percy replied with a nod.

"Paul, this is Nico my cousin"

I looked at Sally questionably, hasn't she told me twice now that she's an only child. "On his dads side" Sally said. I gave a nod wondering if there are anymore about to pop out.

"How did you get in here" I asked

"Through the fire escape" Nico said.

"That's were Percy's dad left" I replied.

Nico gulped then nodded " Yeah I ran into him. Man he's scary, I thought he was going to kill me"

"He wouldn't of Nico, he's not like your dad" Percy laughed.

Now I was curious, why would he try to kill Nico if he was his uncle? That side of the family is full of mystery.

"Dude he's scary," Nico shook his head." But he was actually nice and talked to me, seriously, he asked how I was and told me not to be scared. He wasn't going to do anything he's not like Zeu- I mean Thalia's dad"

Percy laughed then got a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Thalia has been looking for you" Percy gave a sly smile.

"When she couldn't find you, she was worried. Then ... let's just say she got angry" Percy said trying to hide a laugh at the young boys face.

Nico's face was priceless. He looked horrified and began shaking.

"She's going to kill me. Scratch that she's going to torture me slowly and painfully and leave me to die from blood loss" he whispered then looked at Percy pleadingly.

"Dude what do you want me to do?" He asked, his voice baffled.

"Help me please, you've already had an argument with Thalia, she's scared of you even more now she's seen you angry."

It's really starting to annoy me now, being confused all the time. She's scared of Percy? I mean I can understand that Percy's scary but Thalia, Percy, and Nico all had the same black hair and intimidating look.

"What are you on about" Percy replied clearly confused.

Nico gave a dark laugh.

" Percy the whole camps scared of you, she won't say it but its obvious to see. Believe me when your angry no one gets in your way"

We were all looking at him in disbelief. "I'm not that bad,  no ones scared of me"

"Perce you don't see yourself when your angry. You can become as intimidating as my dad and yours together"

"OK" he said scoffed, not believing it.

"The only person that can stop you is Annabeth" Now it was Nico turn to smile slyly while me and Sally tried to hide our snickering at Percy's face.

"Wonder why that is" he questioned with that evil smile, to be honest it was kind of freaky.

Percy looked like he was a tomato and seemed to know were Nico was getting at. "Shut up Nico"he mumbled while glaring.

"Well it might be because your in l-"

Nico was cut of by Percy.

"Alright I'll stop her from killing you just shut up" he mumbled.

We couldn't hold it anymore, all three of us burst out laughing at his bright red face. When we finally calmed down Sally took the opportunity to speak.

"Nico your staying here tonight hunny"

Nico looked at Percy worried, as if asking for his permission, Percy smiled encouragingly.

For the rest of that night Nico only spoke about three times and constantly clung to Percy.

And that's how I met Nico...