Clarrise...

To say that life was normal after the day Sally told me the truth, well... I'd be lying.

Everyday I would notice something out off the ordinary, however I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

Every time I met a new person; my mind would race with the possibilities of them being a monster, demigod or god. I would say that I have become more cautious in life.

I sat behind my classroom desk and sighed, my head still swirling with the information Sally had told me two months ago. At first I didn't believe her, but after seeing it first hand when a monster attacked Percy when he tagged along to the shop with me. I had no choice but to believe.

I huffed and opened my draws, planning on marking some papers. However, like always, it didn't turn out like I expected it to.

I was halfway through the first paper when Percy came flying through the door. Literally.

I glanced up in time to see his body land roughly on the floor, hitting a few desks as he slid halfway across the room.

I remained seated in stunned silence as a large figure stepped through the dooway; huffing like a raging bull. I blinked once again as I drank the new arrivals form in, ignoring Percy's groans of pain.

She had a surprisingly stocky build for a female, she had the body of a male wrestler - yet strangly feminine - and I hate to admit it, but she is incredibly intimidating.

She glared down at Percy, her face twisted in a snarl. "I told you to stay out of my way prissy," Her growl almost animal like.

Percy coughed, then groaned before slowly standing up.

"And I told you Clarrise, you'll have to kill me before you touch an innocent mortal." He slowly rolled his shoulders back as he stood straight.

"He insulted me prissy. A mere mortal insulted ME. He thinks because I'm a girl he can get away with it? I'll show him not to mess with a daughter of Ares!" Her chest heaved as she fumed, spitting the words at Percy as if they were poison.

Percy rolled his eyes, "He was just surprised that you have a boyfriend, anyone would be."

Clarrise - I believe - snarled again and pulled a stick from her back and pointed it at Percy, "Don't test me, I'm going to kill him."

"Over my dead body" Percy replied taking a threatening step forward, his eyes swirling with anger.

Clarrise's face twisted into a sickening grin, "We don't have a problem then prissy."

Faster then my eyes could focus, she lunged at Percy, missing him as he dodged on the last second.

I shot up from my seat as she prepared to lunge again. "Hey!" I bellowed just in time, knowing it was about to turn nasty.

Both teenagers froze and quickly turned to face me, weapons at the ready.

Percy sighed when he came to the realisation that it was me. "Paul? What are you doing here?" His voice laced with confusion.

I rolled my eyes at his obliviousness, " This is my classroom Percy and I would appreciate it if you didn't turn it into a battlefield."

Percy glanced around the room as a blushing spread across his cheeks. "Who are you" Clarrise demanded, her stick still pointed towards my chest.

"Clarrise this is my stepdad Paul, Paul meet Clarrise my frei- err someone I know from camp." Percy introduced us and I gave her a nod to which I received a scowl in return.

"Nice to meet you Clarrise, now tell me what this is about."

"One of the jocks was just surprised Clarrise had boyfriend and she took it the wrong way" I nodded in slight confusion. "It's well known children of Ares have anger issues" Percy added as an after thought. Now I understood.

"Watch it jackson!" She hissed in return.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, "What are you doing here Clarrise? Shouldn't you be in camp?"

"I'm on a quest, I was tracking a monster that I wanted to question and it led me here. I get here to find Jackson had killed it, completely killing off my lead." Her eyes burned with fury, hinting towards red.

"Well excuse me for not letting it kill me."

"I swear to the gods Prissy I will-"

"Enough!" gods these two were giving me a headache. "Can you please sort this out somewhere else? I have class in five minuetes"

Percy glanced at the clock and groaned, "Sorry Paul, come on Clarrise I'll help you find another lead."

"But this is my quest! You-" Percy cut her off as he groaned.

"Hurry up!" He shouted from the other side of the door, already walking through the corridor.

Clarrise growled and stomped after him but not before giving me a nod.

And that's how I met Clarrise...

---------------------------------------------------

Next chapter will be Annabeth's dad...