Town Tramp

Pic of Janelle ----->

3

Janie:

“Oh my gosh, Sadie!” I cried, we were sitting in the cafeteria for lunch right after fourth period, people were giving us weird looks because just a few weeks ago Sadie “supposedly” lost her best friend, and now she’s buddy buddy with the new girl. But Sadie assured me that people would just think that she was lonely and Sadie took advantage of the fact that there was a new girl. “Calvin wouldn’t even look at me!” I gave an exasperated sigh. “I have been trying all day to get his attention. And did you know that I have almost every class with him and every time he is sitting in my seat-I mean Janie's old seat?”

Sadie swooned, “Oooooh, that’s is so cute! Janie-I mean Janelle just give him time. It’s only been a few weeks since he “fake” lost his love of his life!”

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. “I don’t think he loved me Sadie. He never even said it to me. I mean I totally loved him, but I wanted to wait till he said it to me. Now I’ll never hear him say it! Ugh God why!!”

Sadie patted my arm in a comforting manner, “Hun, calm down! I’m sure he loved you, maybe he was just too nervous to tell you! Don’t even worry about it. Give it a few weeks and he’ll be falling at you’re feet. Especially with the way you look now!”

I looked at her in disgust, “The way I look now? I look like a whore! I liked they way I looked before, no one even paid attention to me, now I feel like I have ten pairs or more of hawks eyes on me everywhere I go!”

Sadie sighed, giving me a look that said, ‘Come on, I’m trying here’. “Why do you always think that pretty girls are whores? Just because you are pretty doesn’t mean you have to be a slut!”

“But most beautiful girls are! It’s a fact!”

“No, you know what is a fact? Girl’s that admit they are a whore are inwardly not. They generally had good a heart!” Sadie defended the virtue of the whores. Ha.

“Inwardly not?”

“You know, like they didn’t mean for the situation to turn out bad.”

I looked at her like she was a maniac. “Sadie, who ever means for a situation to take a wrong turn?”

Right on time, there was a slam that came from our left and Tonya, the school whore, the neighborhood bike where everyone gets a ride, was mashing faces with her arch nemesis, Danny, and her groupies were slamming the table cheering them on. What I never got was that if they were such enemies why did they always mack the crap out of each other? It has got to be some game or something. Tonya even had a boyfriend, I think. And he was definitely not Danny the traveling tongue, literally, it’s like he went through the halls kissing girls. I bet he has herpes.

Calvin:

One more ‘I’m sorry about Janie” or “You must miss her so much” and Calvin was going to punch his own face just to put himself out of his misery.

That was pretty much how the day went. Besides there being a new girl, the only thing interesting that happened was the cafeteria counseling. Seriously, Tonya the town’s tramp and Danny the douche were making out and it started a cafeteria riot, everybody cheering them on, when principle Kelly popped out of the crowd and sent them his office.

For about ten minutes, Janie was out of his mind. But not for long, when Calvin got into his car, the sun shined in and blinded him, he pulled down his visor and out fell Janie’s school I.D. picture, She hated that he had it, She said it didn’t look good, and She was partially right, well, She looked just fine, but in the picture he couldn’t see Her personality, or hear Her voice. It didn’t do Her justice. It made Her look normal, and Janie, was anything but normal.