Science shit

Beginne am Anfang

Jack shook his head but he wasn't too eager to go back to work after what he had learned. He leaned forward. "Have you always been a twelve, Danny?"

Danny gave him a long suffering look but answered the questions. "No. When the accident happened I was below one I think."

Mikey held onto his arm. His eyes sparkling. "You mean you're growing in power? Has it stopped growing yet? Is there a limit?"

Danny tried to shake out of his hold. "I don't really know if there's a limit, Mikey. We...haven't found it yet. I'm not even sure if my power level will go down to a thirteen by the time the pills have stopped working."

Maddie blinked. "Daniel Fenton. We are going to test your capacity as soon as we get back. And you're going to show us all you can do." She was just as excited as her husband, if that was even possible.

Danny scrunched his eyebrows in concern. He took a miniscule step back. Nobody noticed except for Mikey, who was still attached to his arm. He frowned at the Fenton parents.

Danny spoke uncertainly. "No experiments remember?"

Mikey nodded fiercely. "Danny isn't some kind of lab rat that you get to test stuff on."

Maddie and Jack couldn't have looked more shocked. "Experiments?! We would never do that to our son!"

Danny sighed. He knew they didn't mean it but they could go overboard with their excitement in science. They wouldn't notice they where making Danny feel inhuman when they inspected him like that. He shook his head.

Maddie frowned sadly. "Don't you trust us Danny?"

Danny shuffled. "Uuuhhh. Yeah, I do! What would give you that idea?"

Maddie pursed her lips. She glanced at her husband. "We better not do the testing. There's no hurry."

Jack pouted but when he saw his boy's relieved expression he consented. "I better go back to sorting."

Danny struggled. "Mikey. You can let go now. I need my arm."

The redhead sighed but let go. "Sorry. It's just so awesome to know someone with superpowers."

Danny shrugged as if it was normal. "You get used to it. Anyway. I gotta go." Mikey didn't seem to notice Danny wanted him gone and walked after him.

Danny humphed as he reached his cousins and friends with Mikey behind him.

Sam frowned. "Don't you have anywhere else to go?"

Mikey paused, then blabbered. "Oh yeah. Just remembered there's this thing... Bye." He scrambled away but stopped a few meters from them. Then he plopped on the ground, stealing glances at them.

Sam scowled. "I guess that's the farthest we'll get him." She prepared the syringe.

Tucker chuckled. "Looks like you have a fan."

Dani smirked. "And he doesn't even know you are Phantom yet."

"What do you mean 'yet'. He isn't finding out anytime soon." Danny rolled up his sleeve.

Dani laughed. "You said 'soon'."

Sam plunged the syringe in the inside of Danny's arm and drew blood. The pills and ecto-dejecto wouldn't be enough for the clones. They always needed a bit of their original's blood.

Mikey looked over Tucker's shoulder. "Whoa. It's glowing."

Tucker yelped and slapped him away in surprise. The other flinched at the beings' frowns. He turned his attention back to the blood. "Why are you taking his blood? Is this some kind of ritual?"