18

How writing and updating my Mystery/Thriller GRAHAM makes me happy!

Ok, I'm not gonna be preachy now. Nah, that ain't me. But seriously, writing and updating GRAHAM on wattpad makes me really really happy. Absolutely ecstatic.

I'm not a fan of the Mystery/Thriller genre actually. At least, not for reading them(I have read a few, but not the way I devoured some of the other genre books. But yeah, they were seriously mind-blowing and it was nice to read them).

But those who have known me here for a long time would have figured out by now that I love writing Mystery and Suspense. Seriously, I derive some sorta weird and semi-sadistic pleasure in knowing more than the reader, looking at the whole picture, and showing only glimpses to my readers, teasing, and more importantly concealing the clues in plain sight........It's fun!

When I wrote TLFS, I meant for it to be short, cute and sweet. But the more I impromptu wrote, the more I realised that TLFS cannot remain short, cute and sweet. The setting and the circumstances didn't allow it. That was strike 1. 

Also, craving the Mystery and Suspense, wanting to be the one knowing more than my readers, I introduced not 2, not 4 but 6 characters to throw off the readers. Insane, right? But that's where it went wrong. Introducing 6 characters may not be hard, but making at least one or two of them to connect with the readers in the deeper sense..... I failed there too. Strike 2.

Then there was my protagonist Meera. Lots was written about her by Shaitan, but none of it was memorable. The character didn't speak of something distinctive herself. I did try, with a few chapters here and there to get her in the spotlight. But all that did was thicken the plot, not enrich. She had become a person shaped by circumstances(nothing wrong with that, but I as the author didn't see her as that. I had a different view of her, a different plan for her). So, strike 3.

Ok, ok, I'll stop ranting about TLFS. But why I wrote the above was to make you realise that somehow, I learnt from my mistakes in my previous story, and corrected them in my next one.

Believe it or not, when I said that the whole book was finished in draft, I meant every word. But the past 2 weeks, I wrote 2-3 more chapters in the middle, that fit in to the plot idea, and enhanced the reader-character connection. Sounds mechanical to you, but it sounds like music to my ears.

Writing GRAHAM made me understand and indulge in knowing.

Hope this didn't sound too much like a rant.

Maybe you yourself might get an epiphany about your stories when you read this.

That's all I guess.

Loads of M&Ms

P.S: I'm starting college tomorrow. Any tips? And Pray for me, guys!