11

So, let's talk about writing books.

Let's take the specific case of wattpad books.

Isn't it hard to write everyday? Waste precious time from your life, writing a book that is not-so-great, at least not to the level of a hardcopy publishing?

Why put so much effort when you have barely 3 readers, one of which is yourself?

Well, these are just some of the inner turmoils. What about the external ones?

How to juggle reality and this virtual place? What if you are not getting enough success of it in either of them? What about financial security, education, the future, your family and friends? What do you give up everyday, just to write/read?

Do you slack of during study-time/ work-time? Do you just zone out of conversations? Does your life seem to be constricting you?

Do your family and friends think it is a passing fad? That being an author would be career-suicide? Do they want you to concentrate on more important things, and you actually really want to do it, but you just can't stop writing?

If you answered yes for any of the above questions, then welcome to the pains of being a wattpad author.

I would love to get my books published someday, but I know that I am not ready for it yet. I believe that if I keep writing, one day or one day I'll surely be experienced enough to hit the right notes, and just rise to awesome heights. But till then, one has to hang on, not loose hope, keep striving for perfection, because, we cannot settle for anything less than perfect. We all have been avid readers before we transitioned and tried to become authors, so that give us the added advantage to ask this question to ourselves, and actually know the answer: What would I want as a reader from my author?

We are part of the unique era, the 21st century, where it is equally easy and hard to become an author. We do have a lot of resources at our disposal, but we must get the hang of it, and utilise it properly, to succeed.

The internet can be your best friend, as well as enemy. 

Either it will be the most major cause for procrastination in your life, or it will be the major source of inspiration and opportunities for you.

It's your choice how you utilise the internet. I was, and sometimes is, a fool. I procrastinate a lot.

But I am now going to start being responsible. Schedule my writing time and updates. Because I'll be attending college. And I want to do well in both. A college degree means a lot. I can job from it, and if being an author fails, that's my backup.

So I am going to learn to juggle. It is going to be hard, but I'm going to be doing it for myself. Because I want to do it, and nobody is forcing me to do it.

It'll be my fresh start, a clean slate, a new chance, my one opportunity that I'm going to invest my all in. 1) Because it's college. 2) I need to be self-sufficient and an earning member of the society. 3) I need a degree. 4) If I do my job well, I can go overseas, and new places means new experiences, and that means more awesome ideas for books.

So that means, all possible outcomes in my future hinges on me doing well in college.

So, let's do this together. Any help possible, I'll be glad to help. We can keep an eye on each other. We can help answer questions about certain experiences that one of has, and the other hasn't. 

I firmly believe that I'll make it big in life. 

Wish you the same belief, and the strength to do so.