Guilt and Regret

After a long pause filled with thoughts and tension, Lau finally answered the question. "Uhhh.... it was great! I can't wait to finish more songs. Um... we're trying to make an album. I know our fans will love it." He said nervously wiping the sweat from his forehead and taking a sip of his water. "Oh!! That's just great!" Jess said trying to hold the sarcasm down. She could feel the heat from the pit of her stomach bubbling with anger. She bit her tongue trying her best to swallow everything she wanted to say. The moment he heard her response the guilt started eating away at him worse than before. He couldn't stand in front of her like this. "I'm gonna go take a shower." He quickly rushed up the stairs, leaving her in the kitchen hurt and angry. She felt betrayed. She trusted this man for years. She's been by his side through everything. She ignored all the little things he said or did to girls in workshops and clubs. She didn't hold grudges against him, but this, she couldn't let this one slide. She would hold on to this for the rest of her life. She could never forget how the man she potentially wanted to have a family with just lied to her face, without a care in the world. She wanted to show him how she felt. She wanted him to feel how he made her feel, and she felt angry and betrayed.

Lau took a long shower. He took a shower long enough to think about what he had done. He tried to forget it and brush it off his shoulders, but he knew he wasn't like this. This was not the Laurent Bourgeois he wanted to be. Finally after some time he got out drying himself off. Drying his afro, and combing it out. He looked into the mirror not seeing what he saw that same morning. That morning he saw a future father of a beautiful daughter or son. He saw a good loyal man to his woman, but he didn't see that now. He saw a liar and a cheater. He saw someone that hurt the woman he cared about. He wiped his face trying to shake off these new feelings. He walked down the hall to his room. When he opened the door he saw her sitting in the bed. She was beautiful. Her features were strong, but soft at the same time. Her silk robe sat on her curves so nicely. He started to feel something strong deep down inside. He felt like she was all he needed, that there was no one else in the world that could be a better woman to him than Jessica Aidi. At that moment he knew he wanted a family with this woman. He wanted a child. He didn't want to just be an uncle anymore, he wanted to be a dad. He put on some shorts and left his chest bare, climbing under the sheets putting Jess into his arms. He put his face in her curls breathing into her world. He loved this, he didn't know what he would do without her in his life. He closed his eyes and opened his heart to ask a question. "Jess..." He said in a low whisper. "... Do you love me?" he waited a split second, there was no hesitation in her answer. "Of course I do Lau. There is no other man on this planet that has been good to me like you. I don't know why you are asking me this. That's why I ask for a family with you.I would only want a loyal and caring man like you to be the father of my child." Lau couldn't speak. It was like her words were choking him. No. It was like the guilt was choking him. No words could come out, but tears could. Tears rolled down his face silently, breaking him by the second. She knew what she had done without even looking. She knew Lau very well. She knew that guilt would break him eventually.

The story is starting to get a little deep.😨

I will be updating frequently!!❤️