Jonathan rolled his eyes. Only Addison could manipulate such a situation as to make it seem unfavorable. Reaching out, he gently grasped Addison’s head, lifting it up so that she had no choice but to stare into his dark gaze. “Babe,” he started, “You need to calm down. Let’s think about this, you only met the guy a few weeks ago. You’ve hung out a handful of times. I highly doubt that he expects you to start planning a wedding, okay. This isn’t a decision you have to make right now. When the time comes, you’ll know. And that’s fine.”

Addison’s shoulders sagged as she processed Jonathan’s words, the spicy scent of cologne emanating from him filling her nostrils. In a way, he was right. This all had started very suddenly. Harry couldn’t possibly have expected her to make up her mind on him this early, right?

But what if he did? He had obviously made up his mind on her. How could he be so sure? Or better yet, how was he so willing to take a risk on a person he barely even knew? While she had divulged the shallow details of her life, along with several more personal anecdotes, there was still so much about her that Harry didn’t know. Not to mention the fact that she barely knew him. Everyone had skeletons in the closet, that much she knew for certain. What would happen when her skeletons came tumbling out? Would that change his mind?

“Addison,” Sabrina’s stern voice brought her out of her head. “I can see those gears turning. You need to stop over thinking this and just let things be.”

Addison resisted the urge to roll her crystal orbs in annoyance. She hated when she received such criticism. She was well aware that she had a tendency to overanalyze details and needed to let go of the reins. Yet, this wasn’t a tendency that could be stopped with a simple command. It took conscious effort, and conscious effort seemed to run in short supplies these days. “You know that’s not my strong suit,” she grumbled, lightly kicking the underside of her desk. There was something satisfying about this childlike display of displeasure, much more so than simply discussing it. She could talk her anxieties to death but oftentimes that provided little relief.

“You’re making this so much more difficult than it needs to be,” Jonathan sighed, pursing his lips in annoyance as he snatched Addison’s phone from her desk, quickly typing in the pass code to find the information he needed.

“What are you doing?” Addison furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion, her hand reaching out to remove the phone from Jonathan’s grasp. How had he even known her pass code to begin with?

“I’m not letting you fuck this up,” he hissed as he lifted the phone to his ear, sliding off the desk and casually strolling to the opposite end of Addison’s office.

Following his lead, Sabrina slid off of the desk onto her best friend’s lap and locked her arms around the back of the desk chair, conveniently obstructing Addison’s path to Jonathan and leaving her utterly helpless to stop whatever was about to occur.

“Harry? Hi, this is Jonathan. I work for Addison Williams,” Jonathan’s voice was far too chipper for the time of day. It was obvious he was thrilled with the opportunity that had presented itself. Addison squirmed under Sabrina’s hold, but the blonde had several inches on her, leaving the brunette trapped beneath her thin frame.

“Oh, you remember me from the office?” Addison was sure that if Jonathan could have squealed at that moment, he absolutely would have. The wide grin and gleam in his eyes, along with the bounce in his step as he paced the office, proved that. “Addison’s in a meeting but she wanted to know if you’d be available for dinner this week?” Sabrina giggled as Addison’s huffy breath hit her back, the warm exhale seeping through her burgundy long-sleeve shirt. Leave it to Jonathan to find a way to ask Harry out, even indirectly.