They're everywhere I turn

Start from the beginning

He rolls his eyes with a smile. "Oh well. You guys can go shopping."

"Right now?" I questioned.

He nodded. "Yeah and I'll do some research to find places."

"Alright." I turn to Linda. "I'll go get the keys, meet you in the car."

We turned out separate ways and I grabbed the keys off the counter and headed straight for the car.

***

After what seemed like many minutes. The minutes dragging, second by second, Linda had finally opened the passenger seat door and entered the vehicle

I let out a sigh content and opened my eyes. I decided to nap a little because it took so long.

"What were you doing in there?" I interrogate her.

She shrugged. "A girls gotta look good."

"To just go buy clothes?"

She nods. "Of course, do you know how many people go to the mall?"

"A couple hundred maybe? Depends on the mall and day."

"Exactly. There's going to be so many people here, it's a Saturday afternoon."

I wasn't quite sure where she was going with this. "So do you want to go later?"

She shook her head. "No. what I'm getting at is, a lot of people are going to be there." I got that. "And you need to look good always." Oh there it is. Only took way too long.

"Alright, lets just get going."

She sighs. "I've always wanted a daughter." She says as I turn the key into the slot and the car revs into life.

"Oh yeah?" I ask pulling out of the driveway.

She nods happily. "Think about all the things we can do, just like we're now! We can go shopping, go out for lunch, and if only I knew you when you turned 18, we could've gone to get you an  ID for a club and we could've went together, but we can still go together! But since I had a male, he and his father got along more than us.

I laugh. "I didn't think parents condoned their kids going to the club."

"I've always wanted to do fun things with my daughter! But I happened to pop out the wrong gender."

I laughed. I wonder how Ivan would feel if he heard all this, I'm sure he'd have a few words to share, like he always does.

"Well I'm not going anywhere soon, or at least I don't think so." I made a sharp turn to the right and we jerked to the side almost bashing heads.

She laughed. "Do you think you guys are going to get married?"

"Oh definitely not now." I defended.

She chuckled. "I mean in the future silly."

I contemplated for a minute. "I think so, yeah I could definitely see Ivan and I being together in the future. He's a great guy."

She smiles. "Even though he was not the daughter I had expected, I still taught him manners and how to treat a girl, I needed him to find a lovely girl so I could hang out with them and it worked!" She exclaimed cheerfully, gesturing to us together.