Chapter 10 (Innocent Culprits)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

After some seconds, I got his response.

"No-no, I am coming."

-------------------------------------------------------------

I hopped out of the car, setting my bag strap on my shoulder and began to shoot off to our class. I was running so fast that all the surroundings were just a blurred vision around me.

Abruptly, I collided with someone and my water bottle in the side pocket of my bag dropped. I just ignored everything and began to run again.

While running, I saw a girl speeding ahead of me with her dark brown hair waving behind her. And that was through hair I recognized the girl. It was Stella.

"Why is she late?" I mumbled while running out of oxygen.

She crossed the threshold of classroom, first. And I was just behind her.

We both were panting. She did not notice me. I slightly patted her shoulder, she turned around with a terrified baby shriek but then calmed down when she saw it was me.

"Hi." She said, out of breath.

"Hey. Why are you so late?" I asked as I placed my hands over my chest to slow down breathing.

"It's not so important. Tell me, why you have arrived on the eleventh hour?"

"I spent a lot..of..time in..shower." I replied in intervals. "Now may I know your reason?"

"I overslept." She giggled.

We both laughed.

"Want some water, girls?" A deep voice cut through our laughs.

We swirled back and our eyes saw Zach with his friends Reynold and Nick, standing behind us.

Air chocked in my windpipe and I started to cough.

"Are you alright?" Zach asked, concern was overflowing in his voice.

His question made me cough more. I mean, for the first time in history, Zach Johnson is asking me am I alright? The later coughs were because of surprise.

Once my fit settled, I cleared my throat.

"Yes." I whispered. The need for water was growing intense inside my throat.

My eyes fell on the water bottle Zach was holding. He noticed my eyes.

"Here, take this." He said, mellowness dripping off his words.

He extended his hand to give me that water bottle. I looked at Stella because I was hesitating in taking the bottle from him.

Stella nudged me, trying to make me say yes to Zach's offer. I looked at Zach who was waiting for my response.

I don't know what hit my mind and I rejected his offer.

"Thank you very much but I am okay." I lied.

Zach's eyebrows shot up in shock, not just his but of the other three people standing there. Stella's ,Reynold's and Nick's.

"What are you doing?" Stella whispered with a stiff texture in her voice.

"I am nervous." I whispered back.

"Let me handle this." She said, confidently.

"You know a girl ran from the parking area all the way to this class, that is situated at the other end of school, so definitely she will be thirsty." Stella said as she took the bottle from Zach's hands.

"Um, but I think she just refused." Zach said while looking at me. Disappointment flashed in his eyes.

"She is just nervous, you know." Stella grinned.