"Nothing," Baekhyun replied curtly before throwing a smile on his face.

"You look like you did something you weren't supposed to," Kai commented.

"It's not that I did--" Baekhyun stopped. "Okay, well I'm not supposed to go far, but I kind of did. Did you guys hear me scream?"

After sharing a glance with Kai, Kris cleared his throat. "No."

Quirking his lips, Baekhyun hummed. "Hm, so Chanyeol was right. No one's going to hear me if I drown..." Closing the door, he grinned at the two. "Anyways, I gotta go change. I wasn't even supposed to go skinny dipping."

Quickly, Baekhyun padded his way across the room and headed to the hallway before looking back. "Oh, by the way! What're you two doing? Is that the grocery list?" he asked, looking at the list in Kris' hand. "Is Kyungsoo going today?"

Looking at the paper in his hand for a second, Kris bobbled his head. "Yeah--Well, Kyungsoo's not. I am."

Suddenly, Baekhyun's ears perked. "Can I come?"

Kai turned his head toward Kris before looking back at Baekhyun. "Do you want to?"

Baekhyun checked for Chanyeol behind him first before smiling back at Kris. "Yeah!" he said. "I mean, you're gonna have to smuggle me out of here, but I really need to go get Nugget his dog food--Oh, plus, I wanna get away from the house for a bit. I need a breather."

Without questioning Baekhyun's intentions, Kris nodded. "You can replace Kai. I'd rather have you as a sidekick than him." When Kris caught Kai's stare, he snorted. "No offense."

"None taken." With the curve of his lips turning upward, Kai ran a hand through his hair. "I'd rather stay here anyways."

"Of course you would," Kris muttered as he walked over to the couch and lied down, "you sexually frustrated amateur."

Sensing that Kai was about to retort in a non-friendly way, Baekhyun slanted his lips and ran over to his side, grabbing his hand. "Help me get ready."

Slightly distracted from Kris' previous comment, Kai reluctantly allowed himself to be pulled along by Baekhyun who was cooing at him about what Nugget did in the water just minutes ago. After they disappeared down the hallway corner, Kris was once again left alone with only his thoughts to keep him company. The silence was only broken ten minutes later when Nugget--fully refreshed and moderately dried--came running in the living room and decided he wanted to jump around happily.

Amused, Kris sat up on the couch and listened to Nugget's paws thud around every time he came back down from his miniature jumps. Following soon afterward was Baekhyun. Surprisingly, he didn't look too bad for someone who only spent a few minutes getting dressed. His hair was ruffled and damp, and when Kris asked why it looked the way it did, Baekhyun pointed at Kai, who was behind him, and answered by telling him that Kai didn't know how to work the blow dryer.

"Well, you look sexy anyways."

Taking the compliment as he fixed his cardigan and shirt, Baekhyun smiled brightly at him. Teasingly, he brought a finger to his lips. "Don't let Chanyeol hear you--However, thank you."

"Let me tap you sometime."

Baekhyun's face remained smiling, but it was an awkward kind of smile that was afraid to fall and ruin the atmosphere. "Well," he said with a small unsure shrug, "maybe if Chanyeol's okay with it--"

Kai snorted as he passed behind him and went to the open kitchen, taking a seat on a stool near the island. "Fat chance."

"It's still a chance," Kris pointed out as he stood up. Moving on, he motioned for Baekhyun. "Are you ready to go?"