"Um, yes?" I asked, trying not to sound like a weakling.

"Great job recovering my spikes," the girl said, holding her hand out for me to shake. I cautiously extended my hand out and grasped hers, our arms going up and down in a shake.

"Thanks," I smiled at her and she winked. "Your spikes are amazing."

"Thanks," she grinned wider. "I'm Sasha and I hope maybe we can play again sometime because you're like the only girl who has been able to recover my spikes in the whole season. It really impressed me."

"I'm Alleah and thanks so much."

"You're welcome," she said and started to back away. "See you later, girl!"

"Bye," I called back as she turned back to go be with her team. I felt slightly guilty, watching her walk away. She was a really good spiker and a very kind girl.

"Congratulations, Alleah!" Jess giggled and threw her arms around me tightly. "I mean you just totally should have seen that girl's face! She was so freaking pi-"

"Angry," I quickly interrupted.

"Exactly," she chuckled. "So what do you say. Would a shopping trip be too much?"

"Are you kidding? I am so ready for a shopping trip!" I said, even though I knew I was lying one-hundred percent. I was thoroughly exhausted.

"Sweet!" she said happily. "Your mom won't mind?"

"Nope, my mom is totally cool with whatever I do as long as I'm back by my curfew."

"Then let's go find me a dress," she grinned and threw her arm over my shoulder as we went to retrieve my volleyball things.

* * * * * * * *

"So which store should we go to?" Jessica asked me, walking through the door of the mall and glancing around at the millions of little stores side-by-side.

"I heard that Gina's Gowns has some pretty good stuff," I told her, watching a group of guy teenagers checking us out. It was then I realized I had forgotten to change out of my uniform. "Crap."

"What's wrong?" Jess asked as we headed toward Gina's Gowns. I couldn't help but notice her blonde hair swishing against her shoulders.

"I forgot to change out of my volleyball uniform," I groaned. "That was stupid of me."

"Why?"

"Did you not just notice that group of guys checking out my legs?"

"Well, if I was a guy I would check out your legs too," she admitted, making me roll my eyes.

"That's not the point, Jess," I sighed.

"Don't worry, Lee, we're almost to Gina's where I doubt any guys will be. It is a prom dress store after all."

"I certainly hope not."

We got to Gina's not two minutes later and Jessica couldn't have been any more correct. The whole store was full of the brightest colors and sparkles galore. I couldn't even believe I was in there, but by the expression on Jessica's face, I knew we were going to be there for a while.

"So," I gulped, looking at the rack of dresses all over the small little store. How could a place with such minimal space have so many dresses clumped together? "What's first?"

"Give me just a minute," she said, starting to walk around the store and pulling gowns off as she went around. When she returned to me, her arms were overflowing in sparkles and dresses. What was I getting myself into?

"Let's go find a dressing room," I suggested, starting to walk off toward the back where two dressing rooms stood awaiting for us.

"Take the biggest one!" Jessica's muffled voice came from amongst the dresses in her arms. I sighed and slipped in to hold the door open. This was going to take a really long time.

"So does this make my butt look big?" Jessica asked on the first dress, her favorite. It was pink with little sleeves and the top was covered in studded diamonds, the silk supporting her curves in just the right places. The skirt had many layers and was covered in a sheet of sparkles, an instant Jess-turn on.

"It looks great, Jess," I told her honestly. If she didn't choose this dress, I would be shocked, not to mention that it was her first one to try on. That meant less sitting time for me.

"Awesome! But Alleah...," she paused and looked at me with a guilty look on her face.

"What is it?"I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. What was up with this girl?

"Alleah, I want this and it's only the first dress I tried on," she frowned my way before glancing back at the mirror, a smile slowly crawling back on her face. "But this is the one. I mean just look at the way it makes me look! It even makes my stomach look flatter than normal."

"Then get it, you goof," I chuckled, getting up to start picking up the other dresses that were scattered along the floor.

"What if he doesn't like pink?"

"Jessica Lorane Fisher, get the freaking dress," I tried to sound serious, but I ended up cracking up.

"Okay, jeez," she held up her hands in surrender as she started to take off the dress. I placed the dresses she didn't get on the return rack before going back to where she quickly threw on her shirt and picked up the dress.

"I saw some jewelry to match this on the jewelry rack but after that, we can go home," she informed me. Thank goodness.

As Jessica quickly paid for her things, I say outside the store on the wooden bench and relaxed. As much as I wanted to go to prom, I was secretly happy not to have to get a dress. What a pain.

"Ready to go, Alleah?" Jess asked, interrupting my thought process.

"Oh! Yes, please," I got up and looped my arm around hers. We headed out of the mall with her large bag in her hands and a grin on both of our faces.

• • • • • • • •

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you're enjoying this so far. This is my first story to do on wattpad so I'm still trying to figure this out but I hope I'm not boring you. If you could maybe spare a vote and give me some feedback that would be great :). Thanks guys!