Chapter 03 - A Persuasive Kiss

~ * ~ * ~ ♡ ~ * ~ * ~

 ~Rickie's Point of View~

Did my hot neighbor hit on me for like . . . ten seconds?

I was snaking the crowd now after hearing the second bell. I don’t want to be late on a Monday—it only means trouble for me if I did. So I quickly moved away from that Josh guy because I don’t want any tardy marks on my report card this year. I guess I had enough last sophomore year. I don’t want that to happen again.

Okay, you caught me. I did walk away from him—even if he was being nice to me—because I was so embarrassed on what happened this morning. Seeing him shirtless covered in sweat while mowing their lawn right after waking up made me so giddy that I might have squealed so loud if I didn’t have a sense of control that time. He was that hot so I can’t even take my eyes off of him that moment.

That’s it! Maybe that’s the reason why he’s hitting on me is because I had twinkle eyes on him and he thought that I have this thing for him!

Well, for his information, I don’t.

“Stupid, cocky, new neighbor,” I muttered under my breath.

Damn, you caught me again.

Fine. I may have this thing for him, well mainly because he’s hot and if you’re a girl reading this right now, I bet that you would be obligated to give a tiny look or something to someone that hot while he’s shirtless. If you don’t, well clearly, you’re some kind of lesbian or something—no offense. But I guess I’m just that weird, staring at hot neighbors I barely even know. I sighed loudly.

I groaned as I swatted away my thoughts about new guy Josh as I entered English on time. The tardy bell rang as I sat in front of the room, just across the teacher’s table. I guess everyone hated the subject since everyone was seated at the back. In fact, I like English and I’m very enthusiastic about this subject. I don’t know why, but maybe it had to do something with me liking to read novels. But whatever it is, I know for a fact that I like English because since the first day of my high school, I always have been sitting in English class in the front row.

Ms. Radford, the English teacher sitting on her desk in front of the class, started to make her way to the blackboard and made us copy whatever she’s writing from her notes. Then when the title in all capital letter was written completely for me to read, I could lay a fist on the air.

Book report!

That means, we’re gonna read a novel then make a written paper about it after a few weeks after reading.

English was the only subject I was enthusiastic for. And by bad luck, it’s my first class for the whole day. So after English, I just want to go home because I no longer want to understand and seriously put into mind every shit my teachers and classmates say—well except for a few friends and lunch time, of course. I don’t know why but I guess I don’t have any motivation to study right now. And to make things worse, it’s autumn now, the winds are getting chilly so it makes me drowsy and want to slack and sleep the whole day.

While writing with my usual curling girly handwriting, someone knocked on the door of the class and opened it without any hesitation. And maybe the metaphor “the sky is falling down on you” is the exact thing I’m feeling right now. My heart is beating erratically against my ribcage and my stomach started to flip.

Oh gosh.

New guy Josh was standing at the doorway, looking startled.

“Ms. Radford?” he called out my busy teacher. Ms. Radford turned her head to see a seemingly-confused new guy Josh there in her classroom. She gestured him to come to her table and once he did, she handed out our textbook in English and some papers—I guess homeworks from last week. Ms. Radford lay her hand towards the direction of the class, as if she was gesturing new guy Josh to us.