》eleven - leave

she said love me so I loved her,
she said leave me so I left,

-

she woke up in a room foreign to her own and was thoroughly freaked out.

the room smelled like weed and old spice, and she put the pieces together and guessed she was in Georges room.

she rolled over, and found her wallet, phone, and keys neatly stacked on the bedside table. she pressed the round home button on her phone, but was discouraged when the brightness was low, and she was greeted with a low battery notification.

"you look comfortable." she jumped, and nearly rolled out of bed. george just laughed.

she rolled over onto her back and rubbed her eyes. "what time is it?"

"just after two thirty."

she shot up.

she had work today.

"fuck! I was supposed to be at work eight hours ago."

"no you weren't. I called when I woke up. told them it was some family emergency, you've got the day off."

she rolled her eyes. "I only have so many vacation days, George."

she pulled the blanket off her lap, and stood up, stretching her legs. she realized she'd been wearing this outfit since 7pm the night before and immediately felt gross.

"hey, I'm gonna go shower, and change, I'll be back in an hour?" she pulled the elastic out of her hair, that was holding half her hair up in a bun.

"sounds good."

she grabbed her phone, wallet, and keys, and exited his apartment.

she needed to feed sparky when she got back inside, her poor kitty must be starving, though, it wouldn't kill her to be put on a diet.

she pushed her key into the lock on her door handle and pushed open her door, only to be greeted by a completely trashed apartment and her sliding glass door wide open.

she froze, and her legs gave out, and she fell to her knees. she felt tears well in her eyes. she just couldn't win.

she frantically picked up the pictures, and small plants that had been carelessly thrown to the side, and rushed over to close her back door.

she saw sparky peak out from under her bed, and she rushed over to go pick her up.

she was the only thing keeping her sane at this point.

sparky let out a small meow, most likely out of surprise, but rubbed her face against her chest and licked a teardrop off her jaw.

she made a note of all the valuable things in her house, and remembered that shed taken off the bracelet George had given her. she ran to her vanity, and rummaged through everything, and every drawer, but found nothing.

she immediately felt horrible. 

why did she take it off?

she sighed, she'd have to bring it up to him some time, but she supposed this wasn't a very good time, seeing as they'd only rekindled their friendship last night.

she straighted things up, made sure her back door was locked, and strolled back into her room. her house was usually a mess, and it was nice to have it clean for a change, but it didnt quite feel like home. the slight mess made her house feel lived in.

she rummaged through her drawers, where she kept all her comfy clothes, eventually settling on a pair of sweatpants and a cami.

she stared at herself in her bathroom mirror, running a hand through her hair.

no matter what she'd always consider turning on her shower the most difficult thing she'd ever done. 

the shower felt nice though, her face felt greasy and clogged after sleeping in her makeup.

the tank top and sweat pants immediately felt more comfortable than her pushup bra and tight clothes.

she did nothing with her hair, leaving it to hang to the small of her back. she contemplated putting it in a bun, but decided her hair had gone through enough torture the night before.

she grabbed a flannel off her bedroom floor, and tied it around her waist, in case george had something planned and she had to look somewhat presentable.

she gave sparky a pat on the head, and a scratch behind her ear, before she was on her way back to georges apartment.