Bad dreams

The grandfather clock in the living room chimes for what seems like the millionth time tonight. I rub my eyes tiredly. I smile at the small glass bottle in my hand. I think black hat might actually like this one I say to myself. It's only six so I figure I have a bit to clean myself up. I haven't left the lab in days really except for the occasional food or bathroom break which is rare. I walk into the bathroom and start the shower. I wanted to let the water warm up before hopping in. I open up the blinds and look outside. It seems as if it's gonna storm later. I turn back around and slide off my lab coat? Which is followed  by the rest of my clothes. Lastly I remove my paper bag and set it on the counter. I slip into the shower letting the water run all over my tired body. I close my eyes trying not to drift off. God it feels so good. My eyelids begin to feel heavy but I fight it. Who knows what'd happen if black hat found me asleep in the shower. Knowing him he'd probably whip me again. I blush at the thought. I mean I can't lie it's not like being whipped is the worst thing. In fact it's kinda hot, if only wasn't so painful I'd enjoy it more. Although it's not like black hat cares about how it feels, he only cares that he punishes me. I think back to the numerous times he's beat me for screwing up. Tears well up in my eyes, god I'm such a fuck up. I can't even make inventions and I'm a damn scientist. Maybe I'd be better off if I wasn't here... So many thoughts run through my head and I feel like I'm drowning. My heart swells as I think about how much I want to leave. I trace my fingers over the old scars on my thighs and wrists. If it wasn't for black hat I know I wouldn't have made it. I start sobbing, black hat doesn't even care I'm alive. And the chances of him loving me back... I fall to my knees just letting the water run down my face. I sit there for a while just shaking and crying. I don't know what to do it's like I'm frozen. I don't know how long I stay like that, curled up in the shower but I finally manage to stand up. The waters turned cold now. I shut it off and step out wrapping my body in a towel. I dry off and then tie it around my waist. I hurry to slip on my bag in case of any other accidental encounters. Luckily I make it back to my lab uninterrupted. I close the door and get dressed. It's almost 8 right now so black hat should be calling me any minute now. My prediction was spot on, only a few minutes later I heard the familiar voice call out my name. "FLUG MY OFFICE." I quickly grab the small botlle and head to his office. I slip inside his door, and peek inside. "You wanted to see me?" I ask shyly. He just looks at me amused "of course Flug I couldn't wait to see you." I look back at him suspiciously "r-really?" "Of course not Flug I wanted to see that bloody invention of yourself now get over here now." I run over to his desk as fast s I can. "Y-yes sir." I scramble to show him the small glass bottle. "Here it is." He grabs it out of my hand and brings it to his face to study it. "And just what is this?" He asks not even looking in my direction. "Oh umm well it's sleeping powder you simply sprinkle some on your enemy and they pass out right away." Black hat simply puts it on his desk. "And how the hell is that supposed to stop hero's Flug?" He makes sure to hold down the Fl on my name causing me to shudder. "Well it renders them powerless considering they'd be asleep." He simply nods his head. "Hmm I suppose this will sell, good work Flug." I nod my head knowing he didn't mean it or was simply going to add a passive aggressive comment at the end. Yet he didn't. He just looked at me as I squirmed under his gaze. "Flug when was the last time you got some sleep?" "Well with all the work and insomnia I think I got a full night about a few weeks ago..." Black hat simply looks at me obviously displeased. "Flug you know that is not healthy now I want you to go bed and sleep this instant, if you fail to do that I will use this powder here on you." "Now go", he says shooing me away. "Yes sir" I sigh walking back to my lab. I close the door and climb in bed knowing very well that I wouldn't be getting too much sleep. I lay there for a bit just staring at the blank ceiling. I yawn once and start to drift off. 

~Flugs dream~

I wake up in a dark room. Everything is pitch black yet I can still see everything. The room is completely empty except for a dark corner where it seems as if there might be a door. I get up and head over to the corner where ai find that there is a door. I try the handle only to find that it's locked. I start looking around for another way out but fail to find one. I go back to the middle of the room. I sit there hugging my knees just scanning all over the room. There isn't much to look at. All the sudden I see a small child walk through the door. He doesn't even use the door, he just walks though it. I look closer at the child and notice that he looks familiar. I pause and realize that the young child is me. He's about the size of a four year old with the same paper bag and goggles on. He's wearing a white lab coat which is way to bug for him. It's identical to the one I'm wearing. He simply looks at me with a confused look on his face and then leaves back through the door. I yell at him to wait but he's already gone. I attempt to open the door again yet this time it actually opens. As soon as I get the door open I start to fall. I panic as my body plunges down farther. I land hard against a large piece of glass. I shake my head in pain and look down. Below In see a very familiar scene. I see me but I'm not wearing my bag...or my lab coat. I'm walking with my lunch in a brown paper bag. I already know what's about to happen. I walk past the jock table like usual and one of them sticks out their foot causing me to trip. I completely squish my lunch under me causing my shirt to be covered with food. A boy with raven colored hair throws a sand which down at me. "Here fag have a sandwich." I jump up scared run out of the cafeteria. I hear the boy call out after me. "Awe is the fag scared of a sandwich? Too bad he left if he sucked my dick I would've let him have an apple too." The entire room erupts with laughter. I sit there staring through the glass tears running down my face. I close my eyes and when I open them I'm back in the black room again.

 I close my eyes and when I open them I'm back in the black room again

I sit there just sit there staring at the floor until it all fades away...

A/n-(photo credit voroxzi)