"What have i always taught  you Naisha"? She paused.

"To always have faith" i replied.

"they say final years are always full of great things right, he might finally notice you, just remain positive and always have faith" she paused again, waiting for my reply.

she always behaved like she was some some kinda life coach. Well she wasn't good enough to coach anyone's life plus she didn't have a license to do so but i was okay with her being mine. She always found a way to add colour to my boring life.

"Okay tay, i don't believe in miracles but I'll remain positive that he'll notice me this time" i giggled. "Goodnight".

"Now that's the spirit, Goodnight girlfriend".

I ended the call and tucked myself nicely under my duvet thinking about random things before i finally fell asleep.

**************

I was awaken by the continuous ringing of my alarm clock as i covered my head with my pillow in attempt to drown the noise, but it wasn't helping, in my mind i was battling with sleep. One of the things i enjoyed doing apart from reading was sleeping.

I sat up on my bed and switched off the alarm, after 5 minutes i was still on my bed staring into empty space just when it dawned on me that i had school in less than an hour, it was 6:15am when i stood up and headed to the shower.

I turned on the heat and the warm water kept soothing my skin, after minutes of showering i turned off the water, wrapped myself with my red towel and headed to my room.

Most of the things i owned were red in colour, my pajamas, the curtains in my room, all my bed spreads and most of my clothes.

By 6:50 i was all dressed and ready to head downstairs for breakfast.. i wore an ash coloured plain gown with a hint of lemon green, i was contemplating whether to use a veil or not cause mmama always covers her hair and sometimes she covers half of her face and leaves only her eyes to be seen ... she said it is our culture and she's already used to it.

Mmama says the beauty of a woman lies in her eyes, mmama always tells me how beautiful my green eyes are and how lucky my future partner would be, she said if a man cannot see beauty in his woman's eyes then he is blind to love "the crazy things my mmama says" i decided against wearing a veil as i braided my hair to the side and wore my dainty slippers.

I headed straight to the dining table..the aroma of mmama's cooking filled the whole house, "morning mmama" "morning papi" i greeted my parents as i sat on the dining table "hey my love" my father answered as mmama smiled at me.

I saw my younger brother chatai shoving his face with pancakes, " hey there little one" i smirked at him, knowing fully well he hates it when i call him little!!

"I'm only 2 years younger than you" chatai fired back.

"easy there tiger" i waved my hands at him "someone's feeling feisty today ain't it" i smiled at him before serving myself some pancakes and peppered sauce.

I cleaned corners of my mouth with a serviette before telling everyone goodbye and heading out the door, chatai and i both go to the same school but we leave at different times because 70% of the time we were fighting.

I always walked to school because the school was a walking distance, unless ofcourse I'm feeling lazy then i take the bus ... after 15 minutes of walking i could see my school in clear sight brown stone high written boldly at the top.

I walked in with my confidence unaltered, there were students everywhere! I saw familiar and unfamiliar faces as i walked to class.

I got to class and made my way to the the front of the class, I'm a front row seater, i looked round the class to see if i would spot my best friend tayana but there was no sign of her.