her

© ann summers.

last modified : may 18.

______________________

HER

noor leaned away from the mirror, grabbing the piece of her ink-black hair that fell in front of her face. she stared at her reflection a bit, getting up to cross her room where her laptop was situated. she made herself comfy scrolling through her dashboard on tumblr, reblogging things she liked and laughed at. she sat there for the next few minutes, totally into what she was doing that she didn't hear the knock on her door.

it came once, then twice before a voice came through. "noor?" her mom isabel called, knocking again. "noor sweetie, you in here?" noor slid her laptop to the side, standing up from her bed, pulling open the door. isabel, her mom, was a beautiful brrunette with hazel eyes to match. her usually pale skin glowed from the light coming from noor's room.

"yea mom?" she asked, conscious of her pajama shorts that she had on. she rubbed her foot on the back of her right ankle, left hand grabbing onto the door knob to keep herself steady. "i'm having guests over later, do you mind dressing up a bit for me please?" 

noor didn't really want to do, she had planned her whole do-nothing day straight down to the T. but when it came to her mom, she couldn't really just say no. so noor nodded and closed her door after her mother, heading to her bathroom. she grabbed her towel, throwing it on top of the closed toilet seat. 

she striped of her pajamas, jumping into the shower stall. noor tilted her head towards the ceiling, letting the hot water run over her head, nose and mouth. she stepped back slightly and grabbed the soap bar, running it around her arms and under her armpits, scrubbing the deodorant residue off. 

she scrubbed the rest of her body, washing off the soap bubbles and stepping out, wrapping the towel around her body. noor brushed her teeth, rinsing it out. she spit into the sink and wiped her mouth with her towel, heading out to her room. 

noor grabbed a grey v-neck from her closet, and threw it across her bed. she slipped on her underwear and pulled a pair of skinny jeans from her dresser. she shimmied it on, doing a little dance as she did. she slipped on a pair of black combat boots and her shirt before sitting at her vanity, applying some makeup to her face. once she finished she straightened her hair and slipped an army green jacket on.

"noor!" she heard he mother yell. she stared at her reflection sighing. 'it could be better' she thought. noor turned off her lights and headed out into the hallway, shutting the door behind her. she grabbed her EOS egg from her pocket and applied to her lips quickly, heading down the stairs to her mom. 

"noor," her mother greeted, smiling. noor looked at the people who entered her home. she assessed them quietly as her mom introduced them to her. "this is mr and mrs hood, your dad's bosses. mr and mrs hood, this is my daughter noor. say hello sweetie."

noor placed a fake smile on her face as she shook hands with them, looking down at the floor when they let go. "call us joy and john." noor nodded and zoned out, playing with her hands. she looked back up when her mother nudged her shoulder, aware that she wasn't paying attention. 

"yes?" she asked quietly. her mother looked over at the guests and nodded towards them. noor looked at them questioningly as they smiled at her.

"how old are you noor?" mrs.hood asked. 

"i'm turning eighteen in a few weeks." mrs.hood smiled brightly at this, turning towards her husband. she whispered something in his ear, making his eyes suddenly shift to her. noor's eyes widen and she looked away, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. out of the corner of her eye, she noticed him nod and smile.