What was Lost

Notes: Now in this chapter the ending might seem a little rushed but it was the most recent thing I had written and I really wanted to get this out. I may end up changing it and adding some things in so it may turn out a little different in the future. Finally we'll get to meet the next Element in this chapter and things will get a little complicated.

~*~*~*~

Chapter 8: What was Lost

~*~*~*~

The next day we didn't talk much and if I didn't know any better I would say he was avoiding me but he was always like that before, right? Even so, we had made it to Iwakagure which had put most things out of my mind. I could only marvel at the huge structures of stone. It was as if the village rose out of the ground a long time ago. The spires that surrounded the village where nothing to scoff at. They were a perfect natural wall to protect them. I even wondered how we would even get in at first but like most hidden villages it was not easy to find the entrance. If Gaara wasn't with me I would be lost for weeks. Okay, I'll admit it: I would have been lost for a lot longer than that.

At  the stone gate we were grilled with questions before we were finally and  reluctantly let in

At the stone gate we were grilled with questions before we were finally and reluctantly let in. The people here almost seemed like stone as well, most unwelcoming. The stares we received by some people we passed by were cold or neutral. I wondered if they really didn't like visitors or anyone for that matter.

As customary, we went to have an audience with the Tsuchikage of the village. When we were able to enter I noticed a small old man with a big nose. Honestly I didn't really know what to think of him. Meeting him in person like this I would have never thought this frail looking stern-faced man was the leader of a ninja village. Beside him, he had a black-haired woman who wore a face a pure confidence and a large man with a yellow scarf. The two men only made each other look smaller and larger by comparison.

"So we meet again young Kazekage," the old man greeted keeping eye contact with Gaara.

"Tsuchikage-dono," Gaara responded as the old man cracked a grin.

"So I assume this is the Wind Element you told me about," he then glanced over at me which instantly made me nervous.

"My name is Aura, sir, nice to meet you," I bowed respectfully.

He grunted a little as if amused by something.

Luckily Gaara spoke next, "You should already know why we are here. Has anything happened since he arrived?"

The old man's expression became serious again, "Nothing at all, although I wouldn't expect anything to get past our walls."

It's true that the village seemed to have impeccable defenses but I thought that the group out to get the Elements had sent someone here. Could they really not get past the gates or were they planning something else?