33. Number 12 Grimmauld Place (and a Boggart)

*Emily's POV*

Two months later...

     "Are you sure you have everything?" my mom asked me and Sam as we stood by the fireplace, brooms in hand. It was August 30, the day before my birthday and two days before school, and we were about to leave for Grimmauld Place, the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. The Weasleys, Harry, Kaitlyn, and her brother were all staying there, along with some other members of the Order.

     "Yes," we both grumbled, antsy to leave.

      I couldn't wait to see my friends. We had been writing to each other all summer, but it was so weird not being able to see them and talk to them every day. Ginny had written to me only days before, saying that she was excited to see me and, of course, Sam. She also went on about how long the twins' hair had gotten. Kaitlyn had also written to me. She said she couldn't wait for me to meet her brother, Cory.

     I was excited, too. To see Fred, especially. I wondered if he had changed much. I definitely had. My hair had grown out to my chest and my pimples had finally vanished after many years of being pestered by them. At least now I didn't feel the need to cake on foundation every morning.

     I think Sam changed the most, though. He had cut his shaggy hair and he had gotten a few inches taller, standing at about 6'. He looked far older than fifteen. His jaw had become angular and he now had a prominent Adam's apple. I was proud of my brother. He was finally growing up.

(Picture of Sam because I feel like nobody knows what he looks like

(Picture of Sam because I feel like nobody knows what he looks like. The actor is Colin Ford.)

     "You two are sure you know how to get there?" Alex asked, standing beside my mom with his arms crossed.

     "We're positive," I said reassuringly.

     "Don't worry, guys," Sam said coolly. "We'll be fine."

     Our mom looked at us fondly before ruffling our hair and saying, "Okay. Be careful!"

     "We will be," I stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a handful of Floo powder. Sam did the same. "Bye, Mom! Bye, Alex!"

     They both waved at us as we disappeared into a swirl of green smoke. With a poof, we appeared in a tall fireplace in the Leaky Cauldron. We stepped out and into the crowded lobby. After pushing through a crowd several drunk wizards, Sam and I went outside and mounted our brooms.

     We were just about to push off of the sidewalk when I said urgently, "Make sure to stay above the clouds. The Ministry would have our heads if any No-Maj's spotted us."

     "No worries, sis," he said casually, adjusting his grip on the Firebolt Alex had purchased for Sam's Quidditch pursuit. "Ya know, I'm a lot smarter than you think I am."