22. The Quidditch Championship (and the Fremily Common Room Debut)

*Emily's POV*

One month later...

Fred and I had been a thing ever since the kiss in the supply closet. Nobody else really knew, though. It's not that we didn't want people to know, it's just that it never came up in conversation and I didn't want to be mercilessly teased by my friends if I told them. Anyway, I had bigger things to worry about.

The Quidditch Championship was that day. The match would be Gryffindor v Slytherin. I was glad that I could finally get revenge on Flint for shoving me off of my broom during the first match of the year. If it came down to it, I would even have Fred hit him off of his broom with a Bludger. I was beyond excited.

     The rest of the team was a bundle of nerves, however. We were all sitting at breakfast. The whole team was quiet except for Fred, George, and Sam, who were cracking jokes, trying to ease everyone up a bit. I knew they were just being obnoxious to vent their feelings, though.

     At a quarter to noon, we all grabbed our brooms and made our way to the locker rooms. Wood lectured us as we got changed into our Quidditch robes.

     "Harry, don't catch the Snitch until we are at least fifty points up, okay?" He said.

     "Got it," Harry replied, lacing up his shoes.

     "Sam, Emily, Katie- when that Quaffle goes up, grab it and score as many points as you can. And Harry- be sure to only catch the Snitch if we are fifty points up."

     "I've got it," Harry said brashly.

     Wood looked sort of taken aback. "Okay. Right, then. Let's go get 'em!"

     We all walked onto the pitch, our brooms in hand.

     "You nervous?" Fred asked, walking up beside me.

     "Sort of," I said, pulling up my sleeves. "Oh, and heads up, I might be asking you to hit someone with a Bludger."

     "Alright," Fred chuckled. He batted his eyelashes. "Anything for you, love."

     I snorted. The Slytherin team was already at the middle of the field, looking smug as always.

     "Flint and Wood, shake hands," Madam Hooch said.

     They shook hands gruffly, shooting each other dirty looks.

     "Mount your brooms."

     We all swung our legs over our brooms. I was confident in my Firebolt. I knew that if I got the Quaffle, I would just have to speed down the pitch and score. My broom was the fastest on that field and I knew it.

     "On my whistle- three, two, one-" The shrill blow of the whistle sounded and the Quaffle was thrown into the air.

     Katie immediately grabbed it and I flew up the field. She passed to me and I raced towards the goalposts. I was hit in the side by a Bludger and I dropped the Quaffle.

     Rough start. I shook the thought off.

     Slytherin was up 10-0. I knew I had to score some points or we were toast.