The Life of a Shinobi

Start from the beginning

Kankuro looked away from me and rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah, well."

I couldn't help thinking that this was an odd reaction. It was like he was trying to hide something.

He looked back at me and talked more casually, "Look, it's not like we are going to take you on any missions or anything. This training is strictly so you can protect yourself and know a little more about how things work around here. Understanding the way of a shinobi is understanding this village and its people. You're no use to us confused all the time or dead."

"I guess you're right," I couldn't argue that he had a point but thinking of me fighting someone was ridiculous,  even if it was self defense.

I mean, I never had to fight anyone in my life and if I had to protect myself from someone that wanted to kill me I didn't know if I could do that. The mere thought of it made my stomach twist.

"You're actual training is going to have to wait until later but until then," he pulled out some papers and books from a pouch he had then held them out to me, "here."

I took them and looked them over for a second, "What are these?"

"Just a few concepts and things you should be familiar with. Takan told me you didn't have any of these things in your world. I thought they would help you understand things here a littler better. It's just a few basic things."

"A few basic things?" I looked at him like he was crazy, "This stack is three inches thick at least!"

He gave me an agitated expression, "I didn't know what you knew or not but if you want to be a clueless puppy then don't read them."

I knew he was trying to get on my nerves but I decided to be nice, "Thank you."

Turning my back to him, I then walked over and put the reading material on the small table in my room.

I heard him say, "Hmph, women," before he walked over to the door.

I opened one of the books and pretended I didn't hear that.

Just before he closed the door he commented, "Oh yeah, by the way, the one training you is Gaara."

He then closed the door at the same time I dropped the book on the desk. Gaara was going to train me?

~*~*~*~

The reading was actually more enjoyable than I thought. It must have been because every concept seemed like something I couldn't wait to try. Although, I knew in my heart that I still didn't believe these things existed. I know I had doubts about if I could even do any of these things. How could I gather chakra? I didn't even know if I had chakra. If I did, I defiantly didn't feel like I had any.

"Miss Aura," a woman opened my door and I turned around from my desk.

"Would you please stand up for a second," she said holding up a tape measure.

I didn't know what she wanted but decided to stand up anyway.

"No, over here," she said as she stepped to the middle of the room.

I walked over to her.

"Now hold up your arms," she casually commanded.

I did so but she then straightened my arms a little more then took measurements and even around my waist and other parts of my body.

"Um, what is this for?" I didn't quite get why she was measuring me.

"This is so we can find an outfit to fit you. It's important to have clothes that fit well when you are going to be doing any dangerous activity. You wouldn't want your clothes slowing you down or getting in the way," she explained.