~3~

"Caballo I swear, I don't remember this path. Please tell me you know the way old boy"? Lance's mother sighed in worry while speaking to her most favorite horse.

Maybe she should have listened to Lance and taken Lara on this trip.

The soft dripping of rain started to fall from the darken skies and the wind felt like ice stabbing into her flesh.

OK she REALLY wished she listened to Lance.

Just before she was about to make the curve of a left turn a bolt of lighting struck in front of Lance's mother's cart and took out a tree in the process.

Poor tree

"Oh dear god!" She screamed in terror as the spits of flames rose up from the destroyed tree and blocked her path.

"How is that not going out! Its raining AND windy! Please dear god, don't kill me."

The horse grunted in annoyance before moving towards the newly discovered pathway while Lance's mom was preoccupied by praying to god that she couldn't die by lighting.

"Well Caballo, I have no idea where we're at so I'm just gonna trust you okay?" She said mainly to herself to keep calm while patting her horse's back.

The new path had an ominous feel  and a bone chilling chill to its atmosphere. The only way the path was lit was by the full moon up above that somehow escaped the storm clouds.

Lance's mother felt ice cold flakes drop down onto her being as she ride down the path.

"It's okay, Stella. Its just snowing in June." She says to herself as she makes Caballo pick up his speed.

The faster she gets out of this part of the forest the better.

After a few short minutes of riding around aimlessly, Lance's mother and her horse come upon a magnificently beautiful castle.

"You know after living here for like 12 years or something like that, you would think you would hear stories or something that has to do with this castle by our town."

The horse grunted once again before moving towards the castle and pass its menacing looking gate.

Once they were close enough to a stable, Lance's mother hopped off of Caballo and steered him toward some hay and water.

"This seems like fresh hay? And there's lit candles lighting up near the main doors, Caballo. Seems like someone is still occupying this castle", She says while looking up towards the door while tying up Caballo's reins to a post, " Might as well say hello to our unsuspecting host."

She shrugs off the fear and walks up the icy stairs to ominous looking doors. She knocked lightly on the knocker and shivered slightly from the cold.

The large door creaked open and she didn't wait a second to get into the warmth of the castle.

" Thank you so mu-?" She looked around and seen that there was no one in sight, " -ch."

She shrugged it off and closed the door from the chill biting winds of the somehow winter air.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'm just gonna go over here and sit down near the fire." She called out into the castle. Her loud voice echoing along the walls as she shrugged and sat down on a plush seat right in front of the fire.

She sighed in relief and felt like she was finally able to relax.

"Excuse me m'am? Would you like a spout of tea?" A strangely femine and British voice called out from next to Lance's mother.

Jumping from shock of hearing another person, Lance's mother whipped her head around to only see a blue, pink, and white tea pot and a small green, white, and a light orange tea cup.

Both of these appliances were decorated in the finest detail it looked like it came out of a storybook. Unable to help herself, she picked up the small tea cup and furrowed her examination on such exquisite detailing. It even had a small face painted onto it.

"Well aren't you beautiful." She murmured quietly to herself.

Suddenly the small eyes on the porcelain glass flickered to life Turing into a beautiful shade of forest green.

Lance's mother's dark amber eyes widened in slight horror as she sees the tea cup's eyes flutter open and shut.

"Why thank you", it answered, "My name's Pidge." Ok Pidge answered.

Lance's mother's jaw droped as she delicately placed the tea cup back onto the cart. For now, she noticed the tea pot too, was looking up at her with the most beautiful blue and magenta eyes.

"I know this must be strange for you m'am. But please do not be afraid. We mean no harm. I'm Allura."  The tea pot spoke in the fimallar British voice.

She must have been the one who caught her attention in the first place.

Lance's mother's cleared her throat and looked down at the two pieces of porcelain.

"I'm sorry if Pidge scarred you. She tends to do that with every guest we get." Allura sighed as she looked over to the tea cup with a motherly scolding look as Pidge smiled innocently.

"Its alright." Lance's mother answered calmly before booking it for the door.

She couldn't be going mad, could she?

Who else would be able to see a talking tea cup and tea pot, only crazy people that's who.

She ran outside to the stables and quickly untied Caballo.

"Caballo! I swear I'm never trusting your sense of direction again!" She yelled as she hopped onto the saddle and made a break for it to the entrance of the gate.

While on her rush, roses came into her line of vision.

"Wait! Caballo! Slow down. There are roses. Lance wanted a rose". She says while slipping off of the saddle and approached the beautiful bushes of crimson roses.

How could these even grow in this harsh winter cold.

She paid no mind to the itch of her brain that something was watching her as she picked a rose off its stem.

Suddenly all of the wind was knocked out of her as she realized something huge had pushed her down onto the hard frozen earth and glowing golden eyes  were glaring at her through the darkness.

She felt all the blood drain out of her body as a large purple hand came across and grabbed her hair and started pulling her back towards the castle.

She screamed in panic and flailed  against the beast's hold in hopes of escaping it's grasps. But it was useless, the beast was far more superior in the strength compartment than her.

Before the castle doors closed once more she caught a glimpse of Caballo making an escape towards the gate.

With all of her remaining hope, she just wishes that her family can prosper without her.

And then the doors shut.