~2~

"Mama, I'm back from the market", Lance calls out to the seemingly quiet household as he enters through the front door, "Mama?" 

He searches the household for any sign of his mother, but he simply cannot find any traces of her. Suddenly, he heard a soft humming sound come from the back porch and couldn't help, but let the curiosity guide him to the sound. 

Out sitting on a hanging swing on the porch, was his mother softly singing out a meloncalloly  tune. 

"How does a moment last forever? How can a story never die? It is love we must hold onto. Never easy, but we try. Sometimes our happiness is captured. Somehow, time and place stand still. Love lives on inside our hearts and always will." 

Her dark amber eyes shone with sadness as stared into nothingness, barely even noticing her son sit next to her as she softly rocked the swing to-and-fro. 

She leaned her head to rest upon Lance's shoulder as she hummed out the chorus tune. 

"I miss your father so much. Sometimes it hurts to even think that he's gone." 

" I do too mama. I do too." 

   .........................................................................

" Mama? Are you sure your gonna be okay taking this trip alone? At least take Lara." Lance says with worry laced into his words. He looks over to his practically identical older sister and back to his mother. 

"Lance, I'll be fine.I promise. I'm not like your father who got lost every time he stepped foot out of the house" She says while rolling her eyes playfully and kisses Lance's  forehead, "Thank you for worrying so much about me mijo." 

" If you say so mama". Lances says trying really hard to believe his mother's words. He can't help, but worry over her. She's the only parent that he has left. 

"Now, I know what your brothers and sisters all want from the city, but I wanna know what you want mijo? Please tell your dear old mother." 

"Mama, possibly, could you get me a rose. Like papa's favorite." 

A brief flash of sadness coursed through his mother's amber eyes as she gently smile and grasps both of Lance's tan hands. 

" Of course." 

With one final goodbye from all his siblings and himself, Lance waved off his mother as she began her journey to the next city over. 

He wished he could have joined her on her trek. To be able to see something new for a change. To possibly see the ocean. 

That is his one dream. To be able to see the sea. 

Since his family isn't the most richest in the world, and with so many siblings to look after, Lance's parents were never able to take their children to see the ocean. His mother often told stories of the ocean when he was younger, but they were never to actually experience it themselves.  Whenever Lance convinced his mother to talk about the ocean with him, he always noticed the sparkle in his mother's eyes. It was like magic how she went into so much detail about the water and the feeling of the sand in between your toes. 

But sadly, he could not because he had to help take care of the house, garden, and his younger siblings. 

When Lance came back inside he noticed that his younger siblings were outside playing in the warm glow of the setting sun, and his older siblings were going about their chores. He noticed his older sister, Lara lounging around the table, seemingly doing nothing as she stared off into space. 

Lance decided to take a seat next to her and stare into her matching blue orbs. 

" Is there something that you need"? Lara commented as she noticed her younger brother of 4 years staring into her soul. 

"Lara, Do you think i'm strange?" 

"What? Of course not. I mean you are my little brother, so of course i'm gonna find you a little weird, but never strange. Where would you ever get an idea like that"? Lara says while concern lights up into her eyes. She rests her tan hand upon Lance's to show that she really does mean what she says. She knows that Lance's self esteem is a very fragile subject, and that he takes every comment and insult to heart. 

" I don't know I guess. But people talk." 

" Oh, Lance. I promise you, you are never strange. And never will be. These people just...They just don't understand you like we do. Your so far ahead of our time, they're just confused. If anything these people are strange for not noticing how great of a guy you are." 

Lance smiles a small smile before placing his other hand on top of hers. He mouths a thank you because he doesn't think he can trust his voice at this moment and hugs his sister. 

" Lance! There's someone at the door for you". One of Lance's younger brothers yells out from the front room. 

Lance plasters on a smile onto his lips before letting go of his sister and making his way to the front door. 

"Good afternoon Lance." A very feminine voice rings out as Lance comes into view of the person. 

There stood a woman who stood around 5 ft 9, who had beautiful long blonde hair that was tied back in tight fitting pigtails and golden amber eyes. She was clad in a dark green crop top  and a pair of matching skinny jeans and black combat boots. 

"Buenos tardes Nyma. Is there something that you need me for?" 

A smile spread across the woman's face showing off her dimples and her freckles across the bridge of her nose. 

"Lance, I would like to propose a proposal upon you." She stated bluntly. At least she got to the point. 

"Nyma, I thought we were over. Plus we could never make each other happy." 

"But Lance, I could change for you." She says while trying to reach out to clasp Lance's hands, but grabs his jacket instead. 

"I'm sorry, but no one can change that much." 

"Lance please. I could give you all the wonders of the world. Plus how could you not want to marry me. I'm the most beautiful woman in Atlea. People would give you respect, They would never think that your strange ever again." 

A disgusted frown etched its way onto Lance's pretty face. How could she even offer something like that to him. 

" No. Adios, goodbye Nyma, Please do not come back here again." Lance says while pushing Nyma out of his house and forcefully shutting the door in her face. 

He stomps all the way outside onto his back porch before grunting in anger. 

"Can you imagine? Me, the husband of that boorish, brainless...Monsieur Nyma, Can't you just see it? Monsieur Nyma, her little husband, ugh! No, M'am! Not me! I guarantee it! I want much more than this provincial life"! Lance practically hisses in anger as he storming through the bushes and the trees of the wooded area behind his house.

 He just needs to get away from everything. He needs somewhere different. He needs adventure.