Chapter 1

Snow's POV

I wake up to a door slam and the sound of glass and other stuff breaking. It scares the hell out of me so I immediately grab my gun off my bedside table. I stand up and slip on one of Brantley's t-shirts and his old boots so I don't step on glass. I make sure the dogs are still asleep and walk out of the room, stalking down the stairs to see what the hell happened. Nearing the bottom of the stairs I see where the glass went. The sight of broken glass all over the living room floor accompanied by shattered pieces of the familiar Ray-bans tell me this was my husbands doing. I sit my gun down and walk to the hallway between the kitchen and dinning room and look into the dinning room to my see Brantley sitting in one of the dinning table chairs that he obviously haphazardly yanked out to sit in. He's sitting there breathing heavily, fidgeting with his rings. I just watch from around the corner to see what he's doing. He pulls one of them off his finger and throws it before taking his hat off and tossing it onto the table and resting his head in his hands. I hear him mumble something under his breath before sliding another ring off of his finger as he throws it over his shoulder. That's when I decide to step in. Stepping out from around the corner I ask "Brantley, what's wrong". He looks over his should at me and mumbles a quick "nothing" before going back to staring at the ground. I come and sit in his lap to get my answer and he looks up at me. "You can't fool me" I whisper with a sad smile and he does his little half smile mentally saying 'forgot about that'. He plays with my out of whack hair before sadly mumbling "dad didn't show up". Oh shit. "Baby, I'm so sorry" I gush, wrapping my arms around his neck for a hug. Man, now I know why he broke shit. He rubs my back and just tells me "Snow, I'm fine. He's done this my whole life, why would that change now..... I'm just the dumbass that thought it would". I pull away and get up, grabbing his rings off the floor, realizing they're both ones his dad got him and walk back over to him, sitting down on his leg and grabbing his hands. "I know these are your favorites and you're not a dumbass" I say, sliding the rings back on his fingers, covering the tan lines from him always wearing them. I place my hands on both sides of his head and connect our lips sweetly, whispering "are you okay" after breaking the kiss. Wrapping his hand around one of my wrists softly and rubbing circles in my skin with his thumb he says "I'm fine, baby girl". I know he's lying. His big tough guy image won't let him say that this really did hurt him. Damn you Keith Gilbert! You promised me you would show up for this damn release party and for once be there for your son but nope, couldn't do it. It's just to difficult to be a good father. Because I know Brantley needs this I overdramatically say "Well I'm not fine, I am emotionally affected and the only cure is a day of cuddles". He smiles kissing my lips and says "I think we can get that taken care of, right after I clean up that damn glass". "C'mon I'll help you" I tell him, standing up and waiting for him to follow but he just sits there with his arms crossed and a prominent smirk on his face. "Now give me a minute to admire this outfit here". He stares at me in nothing but his t-shirt and boots that are way too big with a pair of purple Victoria's Secret underwear on. "Come on you pervert" I say grabbing his hand and pulling him up out of the chair. He chuckles and kisses me before going to get the broom and as he walks away a smack his ass making him jump and yell "woman!". I just look up at him and do the same thing "man!" and he can't help but laugh and shake his head at me and say "you're crazy". "I know"

After the glass is cleaned up we decided that we're gonna rent a movie for tonight and cuddle. Brantley went outside to smoke and take the dogs out while I was supposed to be getting comfy in bed and finding a movie. But instead I'm getting the bed ready for him. I get one of the huge fluffy pillows and throw it on his side of the bed before going to change into some new lingerie I got when he was on tour a couple weeks ago. I change and climb into bed then look for one of Brantley's favorites; Rocky. I know he'll never admit it but I can tell Keith not showing up to the release party hurt. I wish the man would be a good dad for once in Brantley's life. He wasn't there much in his childhood, hell he nearly missed his graduation. This was one of the most important albums yet to him and his own dad didn't even show up. He didn't show up for the release party for Just As I am, nor Hallway To Heaven. Hell he didn't even show up when Modern Day Prodigal Son was released and he was a fucking 20 minute drive away. I bet if I got pregnant he wouldn't even show up when his grandchild was being born, say he got 'stuck in traffic'. It's fucking Jefferson Georgia what traffic is there? Two squirrels fighting in the middle of the road? Ugh, the man needs to grow up because I can't take seeing the disappointment in my husbands eyes like that. He always looks like a little kid whose dad missed his first baseball game, it breaks my heart. As I'm getting comfortable I hear the backdoor open and close followed by the clicks of the dogs nails on the hardwood and Brantley turning off the lights. He knows me so well. I can never have a perfect movie night until all the lights are off. The sound of him coming up the stairs makes it harder and harder for me to mask the smile in anticipation of how he's going to react. He opens our bedroom door and walks in, sliding off his hat before running his hands over his hair out of stress when he notices everything. He raises his eyebrow and says "The fluffy pillow, Rocky and.....". He lifts the covers slightly to see my body underneath "goddamn, are those new?". I just smile and nod my head making him grin from ear to ear. "You're awesome" he says with a smile as he quickly strips out of his jeans, t-shirt and sweatpants before sliding into bed and pulling me to him. "We're not gonna watch this movie are we?" I ask with a giggle as his hands clasp around my waist and he just smirks. "Nope"