Chapter 2

Lelouch and Nunnally sat in their personal plane on their way to the Chinese Federation. They had taken off long before the members of the Royal Familly who would be present at the wedding. The only one who was aboard, excluding the captain, was his new Knight Jeremiah. Speaking of his mother's old Knight, he had proven to be the best man for the job. The ceremony that made him Lelouch's Knight had been untraditional, to say the least, normally the ceremony would be held with nobles and on live television, but neither had been done, for they were in a hurry to leave at the time.

Te television in the cabin of the aircraft was on and showing the news, 'surprisingly' it was about the announcement of the marriage between him and the Empress of the Chinese Federation. They had been going on about it for around 10 minutes before Lelouch got enough and turned the TV off again.

"Nunnally," Lelouch started "you should get some sleep, we'll be arriving early in the morning and it's already late" it wasn't before now that he turned around to look at her, and he found her already asleep in her seat.

With a small smile, Lelouch leaned back in his seat and slowly fell asleep as well, leaving Jeremiah awake.

......................................................................................................

He was awoken by the sunlight shining through the window, the warm, golden light felt wonderful on his skin.

Lelouch stood up and stretched his limbs, he was a bit sore after sleeping in a chair, Nunnally still slept, though Jeremiah was sitting and looking out the window in the back of the aircraft. He gave Lelouch a small nod when he saw that he was awake, not wanting to wake Nunnally up.

He sat back down in his chair and looked out the window as well, they were still over the ocean, but Lelouch guessed based on the time that his clock said, that they would fly over land very soon. And right he was, 10 minutes later they flew over the Chinese shores, Nunnally woke up a few minutes later.

"Lelouch, when are we gonna be there?" she said with a small yawn.

"Yes, your Highness" he answered in a very military-like manner before going out in the back to fetch them some food.

.........................................................................................................

It wasn't long before they arrived at a private airport near Vermillion Forbidden City. They were greeted by the High Eunuchs, as it was probably deemed too dangerous for the Empress go meet them in person outside of the palace.

"Your Highness's" one of them started "we, the High Eunuchs, welcome you to the Chinese Federation on behalf of Empress Tianzi" the eight men then bowed as a sign of respect.

"Lelouch and Nunnally Vi Britannia thanks you for your pleasant welcoming" Lelouch said as Jeremiah pushed Nunnally's wheelchair up behind him.

The High Eunuchs shoved them into a car, after they all had taken their seats they drove towards Vermillion and the Palace, accompanied by several military vehicles and Gun-Ru's.

Lelouch assumed that the people of Vermillion weren't informed that he and Nunnally would arrive today, for they seemed busy preparing for the wedding later, they didn't even see the small army surrounding the car, it felt strange, but rather pleasant that the people didn't count his every move.

It wasn't long before they arrived at the palace, they drove through a gate in the wall that surrounded the Forbidden City and parked near a red carpet with many maids on each side. The red carpet led up a few stairs to the entrance of the palace itself, a ramp was placed under it so that Nunnally could come up with him as well.