Chapter Two: Friday Date Night

It's Friday night and I'm freaking out! Max is going to be here in 30 minutes and I'm still struggling to find an outfit. I quickly pick up my phone and dial in Jen's phone number.

It rings not even a second and she picks up "Hey Denia, what's up? I thought you had a date to be getting ready for." I answer fast "I have no idea what to wear , I'm freaking out please HELP?!"

After Jen calmed me down she tells me "Just be you boo, you're cute already plus you're amazing!" I thank her and go to decide what to wear. I go to my closet and pull out a maroon backless dress and hurry to get my black flats.

My outfit is all set so I go to the bathroom to do my hair , and decide to curl it a little. Alright, Denia Ellie Ross you can do this. You're just going on a date with a guy you have liked for four years...OMG!

It's so hard to contain my excitement.Suddenly I get a text.

M- Hey Denia ;) , I'm going to be at your place in 5. You ready?
D-Hey Max :) , alright see you soon and yes I'm ready!

Max will be here any minute, I rush over and grab my black purse. I hear a car horn "Honk,honk." And hurrying downstairs I grab a mint out of the kitchen. "Knock,  knock." I run to the door and open it to Max , who looks oh so handsome.

"Hey Denia, wow you look really good." Max says with a smirk. Blushing I answer "Thanks Max , you look good too." I close the door to avoid Russell or Sasha from giving me an hour talk.

We walk toward his blue Dodge Charger , and he opens the front passenger door for me. Entering the car , Max gets the car started and reaches for my had intertwining our fingers together.

"So where are we going ?" I ask my curiosity getting the best of me. Max's thumb goes over my hand and he says "It's a surprise." This guy couldn't get any better....no wait he totally could.

We pull up to a place called "The Melting Pot". I've always wanted to come here! " Well we are here , ready to go inside?" Max asks. I nod my head and we both get out of the car.

Walking up to The Melting Pot , Max wraps his arm around my waist and I try not to panic. This is the closest I've been to a boy....like ever , but I'm just going with the flow.

Keep cool Denia , you got this. Getting inside the place was so fancy. The waiter came over and greeted us " Hello , welcome to the Melting Pot. Booth or Table?" Max looked over to me and I answered "Booth , if you don't mind Max." He nodded his head and said "We'll do what she wants." And he winks at me making my blush.

The booth was already set as if it were waiting for us. Taking our seats I look around my surroundings amazed by this place. "So do you like what I chose for our date?" Max askes.

"I've always wanted to come here." I say He looks at me smiling and says "Well didn't I get lucky , I love this place." I start thinking how did I get a date with Max freaking Carson.

It's just crazy , we texted over the summer but it wasn't anything flirty until now. The waiter from ealier comes and takes our orders. I decided on baked potatoe soup with tea , while Max orders a chicken sandwich with water.

"Um, Max I just wanted to say thanks for bringing me here." I say shyly. Wow, for once I didn't  blush. "Hey don't mention it , I really like you Denia. " Max says with that smirk of his.

He continues "I'll be right back." I was about to tell him that he left his phone until I saw a text from Veronica.

V-Hey , is the plan working?
V-Is she falling for it?
I had to look at it twice , this was a set up? Getting up from the booth I text Jen.
D- Please come get me from the Melting Pot.
J- Why?? What happened?
D- Veronica set this "date" up.
J- Oh no hon , I would get you but me and Toby are out.
D- Oh okay , I'll text Chad then.

Before I get the chance Max comes back from the restroom. An attempt to hold my hand I refuse it and he says "Denia , what's wrong ?" I look him up and down "You don't like me. Veronica set this thing up." I say angry

Walking out he tried calling me "Denia , please come back." I'm so stupid how could I think Max Carson would've actually been interested in me.Once I get outside I text Chad my location.

D- Please come get me.
C- I'm on my way , but what happened?
D-This whole date was set up by the one and only , Veronica.
C- Denia , I'm so sorry. Do me and Toby need to kick the crap out of this punk?
Wow. Chad hasn't every reacted this way..like actually mad. I decide not to answer and wait outside sobbing.

"Denia , get in

"Denia , get in." Chad yells from his car.I run over wanting to get away as fast as I can. Thank goodness for my bestfriend.

"Chad , thanks for coming to get me." I say while hugging him.
"Denia , I will hurt him ." Chad says serious. Chad has really never acted so defensive , at least not this much. What's going on with him tonight?