(3) Flyer

-

     My work day has continued, proving to be relatively easy.
Carson and Anna are there to help me if I mess up, and everyone that has come in so far have been super nice.

I'm working the cash register when Anna strolls out of the kitchen. She sweeps an order in front of me.

"One hot chocolate, one golden flower tea, and two cinnamon bunnies!" Anna says excitedly.

I look at her, deeply confused.

"But no one has ordered anything for the past half hour." I state, a puzzled look on my face.

Anna beams, before shaking a finger in front of my face, like a mother scolding a child.

"But! In a few minutes, the elementary lets out! And we have a special person that comes here after school!" She replies.

"Ok." I say simply.

In less then a few hours, I have learned that Anna always has a reason for what she says. She also says she has a photographic memory. That quirk really helped me with taking orders for customers. So, I don't question her.

"W-What time is it?" Carson asks from the other room.

"What? Are you hoping someone comes with them~?" Anna cooes back.

"No! The kid is j-just nice! W-What's not to be excited about?"

"Fair point. It's 2:45! They should be here any minute!" Anna exaims happily.

Then she seems to remember something, and she runs into the kitchen. I simply sit, eyeing the door.

Anna comes rushing back out, what seems to be a newspaper in her hand. She waves it in my face, and forces in my arms.

"Read this. Call it... A hint." Anna says. She winks mischeviously, before strutting back into the kitchen.

I begin to read it, growing even more curious as I process the print. I start about half way through, were someone marked it with a red marker.

Ebbot Weekly

It turns out that...

Long Long ago,
Two races ruled the earth.
Humans
And
Monsters.

Is this a joke? Carson did say monsters, but wasn't he kidding?

One day, a war broke out between the two races.
After a long battle...
The humans were victorious.
They sealed the monsters underground with a magic spell.

Ok, seriously. What the heck is this? This is the legend. I have already heard this.

Many years later. . .

A child falls down.

The child's name was Frisk.
Frisk discovered they had a power called determination, only found in humans.

This isn't part of the legend...

Frisk, filled with their Determination, went through the Underground.

They spared every single monster, showing unwavering kindness to the foreign beasts.
Frisk claims to have shattered the barrier, using their DT.