Facts 481-510: Spider-Man: Homecoming Themed Page

Start from the beginning

Fact #495
The man that Peter pursues to get info on the Staten Island Ferry heist has a profile that briefly lists one of his known aliases as "The Prowler," a reference to the Amazing Spider-Man villain of the same name.

Fact #496
Martin Starr plays one of Peter Parker's high school teachers in this movie. He can briefly be seen in The Incredible Hulk and is credited as 'Computer Nerd.' Marvel/Disney usually doesn't recast the same actors in different MCU roles but has broken this rule a few times. However, Starr's role could be linked to the previous minor background character, in which case he was getting a degree in the earlier film and went into teaching in this one.

Fact #497
Though the majority of the movie takes place in Queens NY, much of the movie was shot in Atlanta, Georgia, with additional footage shot in Germany. A portion of the film was still shot in the real New York City, though.

Fact #498
Tony Revolori received death threats for playing the role of bully Flash Thompson.

Fact #499
Asa Butterfield, Nat Wolff, Liam James, Timothée Chalamet and Tom Holland were all in the shortlist of the much anticipated casting of Peter Parker.

Fact #500
Aunt May's car number plate is AMF-1562. AMF is Amazing Fantasy, 15 is the issue number, and 62 is 1962, the year Spider-Man first appeared.

Fact #501
Before showing a video of Captain America encouraging students, a gym teacher mentions that he's "probably a war criminal now," alluding to his situation at the end of Captain America: Civil War, where he and other avengers who operated outside the Sokovia Accords are wanted by the government and in hiding. In the films shown in Spider-man: Homecoming, Captain America appears in his costume from The Avengers and mentions being frozen in ice, suggesting they were made shortly after the Avengers, which was the last time he wore that uniform and would be easily recognizable as a potential positive role model.

Fact #502
When Peter and Ned eavesdrop on the students discussing Spider-Man's indentity, one of the students points out that Spider-Man could be 'horribly burned' under his mask. This could be a reference to Deadpool, another Marvel hero, who has a very similar costume to Spider-Man, and is horribly burned underneath his mask. Deadpool and Spider-Man often work together in the comics.

Fact #503
When Spider-Man is observing the robbery of the Bank ATM. On the building wall behind him the word "Bagley" is spray painted in large letters. This is in reference to long time Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man comic book artist Mark Bagley.

Fact #504
At one point in a scene set in Washington DC, Spider-Man is shown running beside the Reflecting Pool in front of the Lincoln Memorial where Captain America and Falcon first met in Captain America: Winter Soldier. 

Fact #505
When driving his date to the Homecoming dance, Flash Thompson mentions that he "knows fresh branzino, and that was not fresh." When Gwen Stacy invites Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker to meet her family in "The Amazing Spiderman," her family prepares branzino for dinner.

Fact #506
Happy says he's been carrying around Tony's engagement ring since 2008. That's when the first Iron Man movie came out and it's also the beginning of the MCU. 

Fact #507
One of the items Spider Man finds in the Damage Control storage facility is Ultron's head from Avengers: Age of Ultron. 

Fact #508
Despite prominent billing, Gwyneth Paltrow only appears in one scene. It's her first appearance in MCU since Iron Man 3 after which her contract expired.

Fact #509
It is revealed that the character "Michelle" also goes by the name "MJ". This is an homage to Mary Jane and a foreshadowing for a possible relationship in future films.

Fact #510
Even before Disney and Marvel Studios had worked with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the MCU, a popular fan theory about Iron Man 2 was that Peter Parker was the little boy in an Iron Man mask who stands up to a killer robot and is saved by Tony Stark. Tom Holland loved this idea so much that he asked Kevin Feige for permission to confirm this idea as official and Fiege agreed.

*******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did! 

Once again to quickly and politely remind you all, I now have a ko-fi account! If you would like to leave a donation to support my online works, check out the link I posted in my profile bio or click the external link below. 1 donation is $3. 

Also, next week I will be leaving for a week vacation to Walt Disney World! I'm planning to post a bunch of pics and host a live stream or two of the parades, fireworks, or to just show you guys around and talk. So if you're not following me on Instagram, and would like to be updated on those events, you can follow me @madalynkendrick . Just let me know that you're from Wattpad and I'll accept your invite! 

Have a nice day!