Facts 481-510: Spider-Man: Homecoming Themed Page

Since his debut in Captain America, Spider-Man has officially joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and since Disney owns Marvel now, the Disney universe too! 

Be sure to stick around at the end of this update as I have a few quick announcements to make! 

Let's swing on in and learn some facts about everyone's favourite web slinging hero!

WARNING! A few facts towards the end may/will contain spoilers, so take caution! 

Fact #481
Jennifer Connelly voices the Spider-Man computer Karen. Her husband Paul Bettany had voiced the Iron Man suit computer Jarvis. 

Fact #482
Kenneth Choi who plays Principal Morita also played the Howling Commando Jim Morita in Captain America: The First Avenger. In the Principal's office you can see photos of the Howling Commando which hints that they are related and he is possibly his grandson.

Fact #483
J.K. Simmons had previously expressed interest in returning to the role of J. Jonah Jameson, the role that he played in the Sam Raimi trilogy, and also voiced the character in Ultimate Spider-Man back in 2012. However, once he was cast as Commissioner Gordon in Justice League (2017), all discussion of this happening ceased.

Fact #484
The cast had to watch a John Hughes movie marathon to prepare. Spider-Man: Homecoming is first and foremost a coming-of-age tale, so Watts turned to the master of such stories: John Hughes. They got together at Tom Holland's house and watched movies such as Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Pretty In Pink.

Fact #485
Director Jon Watts has revealed that Peter Parker will be aged around 15 years old at the time of the film. Actor Tom Holland was around age 19-20 at the time of filming.

Fact #486
Pictures of Howard Stark, Abraham Erskine, and Bruce Banner can be seen in Peter Parker's school.

Fact #487
In an interview with Fandom, Pascal said that Homecoming 2 will take place just after Avengers 4, which is scheduled for release on May 3, 2019. Tom Holland's Spider-Man will be featured in Avengers: Infinity War, which opens in May 4, 2018, with about as much screen-time as he had in Civil War.

Fact #488
Vincent D'Onofrio had shown interest in appearing as Wilson Fisk/Kingpin from Netflix's Daredevil in this film. Kingpin is a shared villain from both Spider-Man and Daredevil's rogue gallery and has appeared in many other Spider-Man media.

Fact #489
The music that plays over the Marvel Studios logo is an orchestral version of the classic Spider-Man television theme song, written in 1967 by Paul Francis Webster and Robert "Bob" Harris for the animated television show. Here it has been adapted by film composer Michael Giacchino.

Fact #490
Nick Fury was originally going to be Peter's mentor in the film with Samuel L. Jackson reprising his role but they went with Tony Stark instead.

Fact #491
Peter's homemade Spider-Man costume is very similar to Ben Reilly's first Spider-Man costume from the comics: a blue jumpsuit with a red sleeveless hoodie, with the belt and web shooters on the outside of the costume.

Fact #492
Spider-Man will mark Robert Downey Jr.'s 8th time playing Tony Stark. 

Fact #493
Tom Holland spent a few days attending classes at the Bronx High School of Science in New York City to prepare for his role as Peter Parker. He used his acting coach's name as an alias.

Fact #494
Before this film was officially announced, Sony planned to build a universe not too dissimilar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe using only Spider-Man characters. This included an untitled spin-off focusing on a female super heroine assumed to be Black Cat, a Venom film, a Sinister Six film and two further installments to The Amazing Spider-Man series. Andrew Garfield was signed on to appear in at least two of these films.