2

You choked up trying to respond to his statement. What should you say? Something snarky to remind him of the years of suffering you've endured? Maybe nothing at all? Hell- did he even remember you?

"Well obviously, you didn't... well luckily for you, I brought one along!!" He announced, seeing that you were contemplating too hard on your response.

Your eyes widened at his words. No- no no. You would much rather run soaking wet in the cold rain with your heels than walk side by side underneath an umbrella with him. He thought nothing of your facial expression and stepped closer to you and he pulled his umbrella out.

"Uhh- you know what... I'll just wait here till the rain... goes by." You admit hastily, knowing well that the rain wasn't going to cease anytime soon. He only chuckles, and remarks," It's going to continue to rain till midnight."

Okay, now what do you do? He has undone his umbrella and is now holding it above his head, scooting closer to your stance. Anxiety pushes in. You feel a cold sweat coming along and more and more harsh memories of Chanyeol come to light. Slight panic comes forth and you're trying your best to stay calm. You try and stipulate another excuse, but all that comes out is nonsense.

"No no no! I— uh- parked really far... yeah— I parked by 6th avenue! That's a 20 minute walk from here! And also!! My friend already offered to drive me to my car! Yeah— sh-"

He cuts you off with a nudge, knowing well that you were just uttering bulls**t lies.

"Maybe check the weather once in a while- and maybe you won't be having this panic attack right now."

He folds up the umbrella and hands it to you, but before you can even open your mouth, he runs the opposite in the pouring rain. Stunned, you stand there for 4 minutes straight, the anxiety once flooding your mind now gone. Giving out a sigh, you use the umbrella to shield yourself from the precipitation.

Questions about Chanyeol flood your mind as you treaded through the open sidewalks down the street. Did he know who you were after all these years?