Chapter Six: The Ordeal of a Personal Assistant ✔️

Start from the beginning

"He's so cute," the young girl gushed. "He can be the father of my future child."

Her friend giggled in response.

Audrey shook her head in annoyance.

The cashier guy was named Steve. It was imprinted on his name tag. Steve had the boy next door type of face. It wasn't hard to fall for those type of boys when you're young. He had blonde hair and a pair of blue eyes to go with it that attracted the girls.

"Welcome to Starbucks," Steve greeted along with a smile. "May I take your order?"

"I'll just have one large, regular coffee," Audrey replied.

"Will that be all?" Steve asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"That will be five dollars and ninety five cents," he said.

She handed him six dollars and awaited for the coffee. Steve handed her the coffee. Before going she whispered something to Steve. "Oh, Steve! Good luck! You have a lot of customers out here especially those teenage girls over there."

Steve nodded and gave a weary smile. One of the teenager girl blew him a flying kiss and winked at him. She mouthed something at him, I like you. Steve gave Audrey a tensed stare.

Audrey giggled. "Good luck!"

Audrey arrived at the office when Jacob was taking a phone call.

"Yes, Mr. Lewis," Jacob said. "I'll be there for the meeting. Goodbye."

Audrey set the coffee on his table and awaited for his response. Jacob put his phone down and lifted the foam cup. Audrey awaited for his response.

"It's cold," it was all he said.

He failed to realize the hardship Audrey endured to get that five dollar drink, using her own money.

"What do you expect? I've been standing in line for two hours and it took so long to get here! And you expect it to be hot!" she protested not hiding the irritation of her tone.

"Yes," he responded. "Coffee is better served when hot."

Her teeth was set on edge and grabbed the coffee. She headed to the break room where they had a microwave. When she arrived back, Jacob was already drinking another coffee which he ordered Sandra to make.

This annoyed her more. "I thought you didn't like coffee here."

"Don't be a smart mouth," Jacob said. "People tend to hate them."

Audrey wanted to pour the entire drink on his suit but he was the boss. Besides, wasn't he supposed to be a gentleman? English men are known to be gentlemen. This is the modern age now. Things were different. Men and women were different. "Okay, fine," she said with a smile. "Anything else you want me to do?"

"Yeah," Jacob implied. "Actually, I've got a list for you to do." He handed her a yellow paper.

She scanned the paper, carefully.

DUTIES FOR TODAY
•Get suit dry clean @ Lu's Land of Clean *ask for Lee

•Organize closet in office

•Tidy up my office

•Organize files alphabetically

Audrey examined it again and again. "This isn't the kind of job I expected. Get your suits dry cleaned, tidy up your office? You should've just hired a real maid."

"As my assistant, your responsibilities are to complete that list," he said. "I expect it done when I get back!"

Audrey nodded. Jacob was gone to his meeting.