Chapter 28: An Acquaintance

Start from the beginning

"W,well. I was just hoping that our Heavenly Palm Sect would be able to recruit an outstanding disciple like you." Elder Cao once again coughed to hide his fear.

Elder Cao stood up in a dignified manner, turning his back on the youth, he said:

"The Heavenly Palm Sect has only one location, which is the Huan Celestial Mountain. I see that you are busy traveling with your 'siblings'. Just remember that the Heavenly Palm Sect will always welcome you with open arms.." Elder Cao flicked his sleeve and a wooden plank appeared, it hovered in the air for some time and slowly landed on the table.

Elder Cao did not wait for the youth's reply, quickly making his way out of the room.

---

"Young Lady, who was that?" Sona who has been hiding, along with Ruzi came out.

"Who was that?" Ruzi curiously looked towards the door as he also asked.

Rui Wei instead of answering any of the questions rushed up towards Ruzi and scooped him up in her arms.

"AAAAAAAaaaaaH! That was exhausting!" Rui Wei complained as she rubbed her cheeks towards Ruzi.

"AaAA! " Ruzi feeling wronged flailed in Rui Wei's arms

"Eeeh? Do you hate this appearance? It's quite good looking if I must say so?" Rui Wei changed her form back to the original.

Rui Wei let go of Ruzi, she flicked hre hands, and a massive pile of varied foods appeared.

"Aaaaaah!" Ruzi jumped towards in the small mountain food in excitement, but Rui Wei caught him mid-air.

"Nah-ah, that's for eating." Rui Wei pulled back Ruzi. 

Rui Wei cleaned the table with a flick of her hand, and settled down Ruzi, she then beckoned Sona to seat across.

"That was the Elder from the Heavenly Palm Sect, Elder Cao, he stands at the highest seat as the Outer Sect Elder. it's not that much of a threat." Rui Wei leisurely said as she propped another fruit on her mouth, on the side Ruzi's cheeks were full, but his hands did not stop on scooping another mouthful of sweets.

Sona had her head down, as she tried to comprehend her Young Lady's words. From a normal 4th rank cultivator's view, Outer Sect Elders are really not a threat but if that elder reports to the higher up then that's the problem.

"Ah, I destroyed his sound talisman and gave him a gift~" Rui Wei let out a sly grin.

Seeing this, Sona strangely felt relieved.

***

Sona had wanted to polish her skills as she further realized how huge the gap there is between her and Rui Wei. She had a hard time persuading Rui Wei to agree, But after much persuasion, Sona had finally got Rui Wei's permission. 

Still, Rui Wei couldn't help but say a few words,

"If you feel like it's dangerous immediately fall back and send a sliver of your Qi on this talisman. In every move you make, you must make sure that no one is following, there are many unexpected situations that could happen anytime, just be careful." Rui Wei said as she pats Sona's shoulder.

Sona didn't know how to react.

'Young Lady, I know you are worried and I should be grateful for that, but I was a mercenary at the Dou Manor, that DOU MANOR, young lady...'

A/n: If you do remember, the Dou Manor was dreaded for its monstrous force

Sona could only smile and agree on Rui Wei's words.

And so, Rui Wei was bored, she has ventured the whole Imperial Capital of the Dragonsvein Kingdom within the past weeks, she is now quite familiar with the place. So she has decided to visit a certain place with Ruzi.

Rui Wei stood up and stretched her body,

"Now then, shall we go out and have some fun too?" Rui Wei's mouth curled up as she looked at Ruzi.

--

One slim figure of a young man and a toddler walked out of a carriage, it sure was a strange sight, as no servants accompanied the two. Appearance wise, the two looked like some sort of young master from some Noble Clan, so the lack of servants was confusing.

"Matriarch, there is some weird youth with a toddler carrying the clan's Jade Token!!!" A servant ran towards the Main House and shouted along the way.

The servant was covered with sweat, short in a breath and his face was pale, on his hands was a Jade Token, the Zu Clan's symbol was aesthetically carved on it.

"Let them in." The reply was short, but it lacked any emotions.

"Eh? Ah.. Y, yes!" The servant was dumbstruck at the Matriarch reply, but as a servant in the Main House he quickly recovered his wits and ran back to the gate.

"T, the.. The Matriarch had given their permission to let them in..." The Servant urgently said as he pulled the Guard that was trying to intimidate the two kids.

The slim youth smiled, with the toddler on his hands, he walked passed the baffled servants. Walking his way towards the Main House in a familiar manner.

"W-what?!" The musclehead guard still couldn't believe what has just transpired.

"Sssh! The Matriarch herself has said so! Do you think I would be foolish enough to carelessly use the Matriarch's name just to let some unknown people get into the Clan?!" The Servant rebutted to the musclehead guard.

"W,well...." The Guard could only scratch his head, as he diverted his gaze.

--

"That was so cruel, Zu Zu, you didn't even come and welcome me in the entrance~" The slim youth's body blurred as a hazy figure of a young lady appeared.

"Tch..." The Matriarch replied with irritation.

"Well, well, please calm down." Rui Wei giggled at the Zu Matriarch's reaction.

"Of course, I would not want to end up like that Xian Clan." She replied with face filled sneer.

"Oh please, I already told you that, I was in no way involved in that incident." Rui Wei half-heartedly justified herself.

Ruzi who is unfamiliar with the place, have been looking in wonder around the room ever since they stepped inside.

"Oho~ I wonder about that?" The Matriarch propped her chins on her hands, staring at Rui Wei.

"Well, please do not blindly accuse me. I'm not really that kind of person. By the way. this is my son. didn't you said that---" Rui Wei was halfway introducing Ruzi when the Zu Patriarch slammed the table and interrupted her speech

"Son?!" The Zu Clan Patriarch could not believe what Rui Wei had just said.

If this kid who looked no more than 3 years old is her son, then doesn't that mean that this lad in front of her is actually--

"Woah, woah, please don't get your imagination go wild." Rui Wei frantically waved her hands in front of the Zu Patriarch. 

***

A/n: cough, cough... It was not on purpose, cough. 1400 is pretty short, huh? xD