Chapter 28: An Acquaintance

A/n: Next update will be depending on your comments, :/

Actually no, it'll be after my tests, next week. This isn't counted wih the monthly release, as this should be considered as a bonus chapter? Rofl

***

The youth opened the door without any obstruction, simply sliding the door as if no barriers existed. Elder Cao's Qi spread out, looking for the current state of the defense mechanism.

"Senior. That's rude of you." The youth's cold voice sounded out as Elder Cao's Qi got interrupted.

The youth's face was dark as he stared fixedly at him. Elder Cao couldn't help but feel his throat dry, and his back cold.

Elder Cao coughed, hiding away his embarrassment.

"This way please." The youth's cold face melted away, as it was replaced with a cheerful smile.

'If my signal suddenly disappears immediately call back up from the sect, I will try to negotiate and invite this lad over. If it does not go well, I will personally report this to the Sect Master.' Elder Cao sent a spiritual message at his companion outside.

The youth sent him a sideway glance, his mouth slightly twitching, but it was too fast for Elder Cao didn't have the time to see it.

---

The two sat in the opposite of each other, the fragrance of the tea wafted around the room, seemingly calm yet the storm is actually brewing inside.

Elder Cao closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, he took a sip at the tea, smoothing out his dried throat.

An automatic position of Core Elder? Who wouldn't be tempted?

There are even others who would spend their whole lives inside the Heavenly Palm Sect but never achieves the position of an elder!

"My offer is actually quite generous if I must say so, don't you think so too, Young lad... Or should I say, Young Lady?" The Elder's face was full of amusement, the moment he said so.

It isn't particularly shocking for him to see through Rui Wei's illusion as he is ranked above her.

"Well, well... It really is a generous offer. It is too generous that this one can't help but doubt esteemed Elder's words." The youth replied, his hands were over his head, looking completely relaxed.

Elder Cao shook his head.

"Well, this junior shall think over the Esteemed Elder's words... If Esteemed Elder is willing to wait?" The youth chuckled as he stood up, picking up the empty cups, he left the room to get another set of tea.

"Elder... This is my territory please do not just go ahead doing as you please. This is the 2nd warning already." The Youth sarcastically said as he put down the teacups.

"........."

His Spiritual Sense was blocked!

'J, just what kind of monster I'm actually facing?!' Elder Cao's forehead trickled down with sweat.

He could not help but look at towards the tea that the youth have offered to him. Elder Cao could not help but be nervous.

"Ah, worry not. I'm not so lowly to use such cowardly schemes such as poisoning. " The youth said, his face full of innocence.

"Though I doubt you'd believe me." The youth added.

'!!!' Every hair on Elder Cao's body stood at its end.