Amara felt as if she was special having him want to come and bless her marriage to Richard when the rest of her family weren't too pleased with the match. Probably because Amara came from money and Richard had none. In hindsight Amara's comments about Rowen being a gold-digger were kind of funny.

Rowen hadn't wanted to come, the way she saw it the less time that she spent around Amara the more likely her relationship with Daniel would survive.

Now knowing that the male in the kitchen was more than likely Amara's cousin, Rowen was kicking herself at her lack of effort in getting out of coming. If she was going to be in a relationship with Daniel, and it lasted a while, then she would more than likely meet the rest of Amara's family, and if that man was her cousin then Rowen would end up being around him on occasion.

She didn't think she could survive that, and she knew that the more time she was around him the less likely that she would be in a relationship at all. Least of all with Daniel. Sooner or later Daniel would start to see her reactions to this man, if he hadn't already seen something. She wasn't sure just how much of her reactions were noticed by him while she was lost in her own thoughts.

A male's voice, deep and intoxicating with a slight Italian accent snapped her out of her thoughts and stopped her from leaving the room completely.

"Wait, apologize to her."

Rowen's first thought was that the command was directed at her, she had spun around the tell him to shove it up his arse, when she realized that he was looking towards Amara. They were obviously having some sort of silent stare down from across the room. The cousin was still in his seat, one arm flung carelessly over the back of the chair, the other resting on the table in front of him.

Rowen could see Amara starting to crumble and honestly she didn't blame her, Rowen never wanted to be on the receiving end of that cold look that he was giving his own cousin.

"Non puoi essere cugino serio." The shock was clear in Amara's voice when she asked her cousin if he was serious.

"Molto." His tone was cold and hard, matching the look in his eye. It was seeping in danger, enough so that Richard lifted himself out of the chair to stand next to his wife.

Rowen thought that while what Richard was doing was admirable, if it came down to a fight he would lose. And judging by the quick dismissal that the younger male gave him, he didn't see Richard as much of a threat at all.

"Non è niente rispetto a noi."

The man narrowed his eyes at Amara, making her flinch.

To Rowen, Amara always had delusions of grandeur; she had always carried herself as if she was better than those around her. So her comment about Rowen being nothing compared to her didn't shock Rowen too much, but there was something in the way that Amara's cousin reacted to the words that had Rowen thinking that there was something else going on within this family, something under the surface that only they knew about.

There wasn't much of a reaction on his face, but the hardening of his eyes and the way they narrowed quickly before he corrected himself wasn't hard for Rowen to miss. Considering that she was focusing on him way too much as it was.

"Non lo dico ancora." His brown eyes looked towards Rowen after telling his cousin he wouldn't repeat himself, this time it was Rowen's turn to give him a knowing look, her lips twitching into a small smirk. His eyes darting to her lips before his own copied the movement. He shook his head slightly before turning his cold brown eyes back onto his cousin.

Rowen had no idea why most of the people in the room were oblivious to what was going on between Rowen and this still nameless male. She had Lucas with her, so Daniel wasn't too worried about him, so she wasn't sure what was keeping him distracted, a quick glance in his direction gave her an answer, he had his hand which could either be his ex-wife or something to do with work.