When he had touched her the first time she had wanted to melt at his feet, but that quick trail down her leg wasn't anything compared to the lingering touch he was giving her now. Rowen actually walked a little slower as she went past him trying to keep his fingers on her.

She hated herself, she had a boyfriend, was actually holding his child in her arms, and she was fantasizing about another man all while said boyfriend was watching her with an odd look on his face. Rowen shifted Lucas, trying to make it look like the boy was heavy for her all while wanting to smack herself in the mouth.

She was not a cheater, she needed to stop this.

Fighting to control herself, she fought her baser instinct to curl into this clearly self-assured, dominant males lap and purr like a kitten.

Daniel tried to take Lucas from her when she reached him, causing the child to try another melt down. Rowen sighed, stepping away from the bench and made her way out of the room with Lucas back in her arms. She knew the boy was missing his mother, and while she didn't think herself as a substitute for the real thing, Lucas had seemed to attach himself to her and was reluctant to let go.

Seeing his reluctance to leave her as her way to escape the room and the hateful glares coming from Daniel's way-to-young step-mother, Rowen felt relieved to be walking out of the kitchen.

"La puttana in oro non è abbastanza buona per lui." Amara mumbled in Italian as she was walking away.

Rowen hesitated mid step, wanting to turn around and tell Amara that she wasn't a 'gold-digging whore' as she so politely called her, she was able to support herself and if Rowen was honest, it would be Daniel that was the gold-digger not Rowen considering she had a lot more money than he did.

She also wanted to throw out there that she could speak fluent Italian, and she had missed nothing that Amara had mumbled under her breath in the language thinking that Rowen couldn't understand her. Amara had made it clear from the beginning that she wasn't the biggest fan of Rowen, but Rowen didn't care.

The way that Amara acted about Rowen made it seem as if she was interested in Daniel more than Richard. But even Rowen would admit that you could see how much Amara loved her husband. Amara had always come off as a selfish woman, she may have loved her husband, but she also wanted Daniel and Sarah to love her.

Rowen wasn't sure that Sarah could love anything other than herself and whatever drug she was on. And while Daniel was dating her, there was part of her that thought that he was still in love with his ex-wife, the thought might bother her slightly, but she could also understand the situation. He had a child with her, and had to keep in contact with her for the rest of his life. She didn't know how their relationship ended but whatever it was; it wasn't enough for Daniel to hate his ex-wife.

Rowen quickly decided that Amara wasn't worth the trouble and went to step out of the room without saying anything. Rowen had been putting up with Amara for two months now; her still new relationship with Daniel was starting to struggle under the weight of his step-mothers words.

Words that Daniel had no idea about seeing as he didn't speak Italian.

Rowen hadn't wanted to risk her new relationship by going off at a woman that was not that much older than herself. She liked Daniel and wanted to see where this relationship could go. If she couldn't handle his step-mother making her life hell, like most mother-in-law's do, then she wasn't cut out for a relationship.

A voice in the back of Rowen's head reminded her of the other male in the room, and made her wonder about the reason as to why he was here. Rowen had been told that Daniel was supposed to have a quick introduction to Amara's cousin who was apparently a pretty big deal in the business world. And was respected by his family a great deal.