4: Somewhere on Vacation

Magsimula sa umpisa

Is he mad that I pushed him down? Did he get the hint and would he stay away from me now? Is he still skipping class and wandering around the halls right this second?

In a way I hope he was because then there's a chance that I won't see him. He has Ms. Daniels right now.

I knocked on the door labeled forty-five A. I was silently praying that he isn't on the other side of this door.

Please, please, please . . .

The door opened revealing an average height girl with eye capturing red hair and baby blue eyes. "Hi." she waved her hand, her tone friendly.

"Hey, Ms. Daniels wanted to see me . . . " I trailed, not really knowing what to say after that.

She nodded her head as realization took over her face. "Mikayla, right?" she opened the door wider for me to step in.

I turned to her, "Yeah. And your name?" I had seen her around school but never took the chance to get to know her.

"Alex," she said before looking over my shoulder. "It was nice meeting you and all but Ms. is looking at us so I have to go," she hurriedly whispered before speed walking to her desk.

I turned around to see if Jacob was in class. Thankfully he wasn't so when there was no sign of Jacob I searched for Aiden. When I found him, he was already looking at me.

My lips tilted up and I was about to smile when someone cleared their throat from behind me. I turned around to see Ms. Daniels looking down at me.

'How did she get there without me seeing ?' I thought but shrugged it off after concluding all my attention was concentrated on Aiden.

"Y-you wanted to see Ms Daniels?"

"Yes, I wanted to ask you something. I would be happy to write that recommendation letter you asked me about last week." She smiled, but I sensed a second part coming. "If you would be willing tutor a struggling student of mine."

I was instantly nodding my head without a second thought. I really needed that recommendation, and Ms. Daniels was one of the most respected and qualified teachers around town.

She sighed in relief. "Thank you. Wait here." Then she made her way to her desk, opening her laptop.

"Mikayla," someone whispered behind me.

I turned back to where I was before with a smile on my face. "Yes, Aiden?"

He smiled back, "What did she want from you?" The smile on his face vanished and his voice became serious.

"Oh, she just wanted to know if I coup tutor a student."

He nodded his head forward, and I glanced over my shoulder and saw Ms. Daniels making her way over here. "Go before you get in trouble." I waved my hand in the direction of his seat.

"Buh-bye.''

"Bye," I smiled and waved before turning to Ms. Daniels. "When can I start?"

She smiled at my enthusiasm. "After school today. You can come down here to meet the person you will be helping and the two of you will work out a schedule when both of you would be available," she informed me.

"Okay, thank you!" I said before walking to the door and going back to my current class that seemed to calm down.

So now I just have to tutor someone to get that letter.