Chapter Nine - Scarlett

When I woke in the morning, Lucas wasn't around, which I had expected him to be here. My mind was having a field day with my nocturnal activities. The revelation that I had been sleepwalking since my arrival here, the gift of the underwear that I had asked for, which he gave me when I woke from my adventure to wherever I had been. And then there was the other thing that I did, which I could not believe that I did. This was day three of being here, and already I had slept with him.

You're a bad girl Scarlett snarky whispers. Sleeping with your captor, how very Stockholm of you. I sat on the bed with my hands propping my head on my knees.

"What is wrong with me?"

As I was groaning I could have sworn I heard a croak, my mind flickers back to yesterday, Zach's words ring through my head. Don't be surprised if you find a frog in your bed.

I hesitantly pulled back the sheets, hoping not to find a frog in my bed. Relief washed through me as I didn't find any slimy demons. After I checked the bed I decided to have a shower, that was when I found the frog. Wrapped around the shower head, hanging on for dear life was one green frog. I could hear him laughing from the lounge in my bedroom when I screamed, wrapping the towel around my wet, naked body I ran out to the bedroom.

"Get it out." I screamed at him.

"No."

He got up from the lounge and walked to the door, his eyes never left my body. He stopped and smirked, moving closer to me. His fingers lazily slide along the edge of the towel and in a second I was spinning around. When I finally stopped, I saw the back of him as he walked out the door, my towel in his hand.

"Shit."

I run into the wardrobe completely embarrassed, getting another towel. A few seconds later Zach entered my room.

"Are you decent?"

"Yes." I groan.

"Here." he passes the towel to me and walks into the bathroom.

When he returns he has the frog in his hands.

"Scarlett, this is Freddie."

"You keep a frog?"

"One of a few creatures I keep."

"Blech."

"So, going to keep up the prank war?"

"Better than sitting around doing nothing all day."

"How true."

He makes cutsie faces at the frog and then looks at me.

"How about getting dressed, I'll give you a tour."

"Yeah sure."

By the time Zach has shown me every room on the ground floor, my feet are killing me. He takes Freddie back to his room, on the second floor. His room is full of terrariums housing so many different bugs and creatures. There is one that gives me the heebie jeebies more than Freddie does, a giant spider.

"Hey Dr Doolittle, what kind of spider is that?"

"That would be a Goliath bird eating spider, but you can call her Scarlett." he grins.

"Did you name the freakin' spider after me?"

"I never thought that the two of you would meet."

"Well if that brother of yours comes looking for more pranks, you tell him she is crossing the line."