Chapter Five - Scarlett

Once again I wake in the bed, once again he lays on his side next to me. I look at the glass door, fully repaired, looking like nothing had happened. My hand hurts from punching him, yet he looks completely unfazed or unharmed. Bastard.

"They will look for me you know."

"Oh I wouldn't worry too much about that." he says rather dryly.

"How so? Multi-millionaire emo punk singer goes missing, how do you think that no one will look for me?"

He rolls onto his back, taking a remote from the bedside and points it at the other wall, the flat screen turns onto the news, pictures flicking behind the newsreader. Me, my band, my car. My precious SRT Viper wrapped around a tree. Lucas turns up the volume.

"We cross live to the scene of this terrible tragedy, punk singer Scarlett Marconi's vehicle collided with a tree after a high speed chase with police in the early hours of this morning. Our reporter Roy Calpine reports, Roy?"

"Yes thank you Janine, what the police are telling us, is that the vehicle sped through a random police check, was pursued by the police on the M1 and into the twisting roads of Callaway Valley ending up here, just behind me, wrapped around the tree."

"That car was a dream to drive." he chuckles darkly.

"Shut up." I hiss at him, moving to the end of the bed, watching the television.

"Roy, is there any word on Scarlett?"

"Janine, it doesn't look good. The police are yet to confirm anything officially but as you can see from the vehicle, I would doubt she survived."

He turns off the television and dumps the controller back on the bedside. My baby was a burnt out pile of metal. I could feel the anger build in me, he abducts me, he trashes my prized possession and he thinks he has the right to push himself on me.

"You owe me a car." I seethe at him.

"Yeah sure, why not?" He laughs.

Getting up on all fours, he crawls across the bed, hovering just in front of me.

"How about a wedding present?"

I frown at him.

"Piss... Off."

"Ouch Scarlett, you are a harsh woman." he grins as he climbs off the bed "I will get you, you will crack."

The door slams shut and in the silence I hear my stomach growl.

"Oh hello you, I had wondered where you had gotten to."

As I get off the bed I see the chair is back in its place. I try to move it, but it is fixed to the ground of course. The door opens and I slink out of the bedroom into a long dark corridor, passing a few doors. I slide my finger along the dado rail, feeling the embossing of the wallpaper that sits above it, the paint below. At the end of the hallway is a foyer that leads to a grand stair case and I gasp, a front door.

"Don't even think about it." he mutters from behind me.

"Somehow I think it would be just too easy, I do like a challenge."

I can feel him behind me, he pulls my hair from my neck, his breath cold on my skin.

"You are a challenge." he whispers.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Well, I suppose I could have just fed and left you at the auditorium last night but I don't know, maybe I felt like a bit of fun."