Josh?

I ran across the hall, sweat dripping down my face, blurring my ice blue eyes. It couldn't be. It's not. He is dead I thought anxiously. My beloved brother? I tried to think up any possible explanation for the sight I was beholding, but I was drawing a blank. As I neared the supposed ghost of my brother's past, I realised that the suit Josh was in- well he would never wear it. It was gold, with silver trimmings with a bronze tie. It looked like something the Olympics threw up. Still....

"Josh?" I asked the figure.

"Sorry. You have me confused. I'm" He paused, unnecessarily, "Deanington. Everyone calls me Dean though."

"I can see why...." I replied awkwardly. 

"Alright, bye." Dean left as abruptly as he came.

"Wait, Dean. I haven't seen you around here before." I studied him with my ice blue eyes. His resemblance to Josh was uncanny. 

"It's because I..." he dramatically stared into the distance for five whole minutes before singing, "Am not from these parts. Texas born and raised. Living on the prairie. Life was lonely, had no friends, but here I am. Trying to make a name for myself. I'm just a boy. Trying to find a place in this world."

I stared at him before replying, "Do you even go here?"

"Do any of us go here? What is the meaning of life"

"It's a school. People go here. Why did you sing to  me?"

"Because I wanted to"

"That's hella weird."

"That's life."

"I am leaving now," as I turned to walk away, he said five words that changed everything...

"See you around, blue eyes."

I melted. Here he was, a precocious, flamboyant, fearless, Texan- calling me blue eyes. He was great singer too- something that Josh would have loved. He loved musicals. HSM3- senior year being his favourite. He related mostly with Kelsey.

"Thanks Dean- you have a really nice voice. Do you rap?" I asked, casually.

His cold hand hit my face and the thundering sound rippled through the hall. "no," He whispered into my blue eyes, before walking off.

"Sam, are you okay?" Luke asked, dumbfounded.

"Yes."