T W O

"Hey (Y/N)!" Hinata yelled catching up to you, "hi Hinata" you said. He ran up to you and stared at you as if he was trying to read your mind. "What?" You asked "what were you doing last night?" He asked "sleeping?" I you said "no I mean after practice" he asked you "uh, well I was with Kageyama for a bit-" he tenses up hearing you say that "he was showing me how to set" you told him "is that all?" He asked through clenched teeth "um yeah. Shoyo, are you okay?" You asked getting kind of worried "yeah" he said looking away.

You both ran to class and began the day. After class you went to your locker to grab your books but when you opened it, there was a small piece of paper inside. What's this? You thought, probably a death threat. You opened the paper to reveal a sentence written in a pink pen. It said:
Meet me after school behind the gym.

You looked at it confused and slightly worried. Why would anyone want me to meet them after school? Do they want to kill me? You thought. You stashed the letter into your bag and went on your way.

~~Time Skip~~

The end of the day came and you were itching with anticipation. You didn't know what to expect from the person. You were scared but also anxious. As you were about to leave, someone grabbed your wrist "(Y/N), where are you going?" Hinata asked "uh, I have something I need to do. I'll be a little late going to the gym, just go on without me" you said turning towards the door. Hinata narrowed his eyes at you as you were leaving. She's up to something.

You walked slowly to your destination. As you came to the back of the gym, you peeked your head behind the corner. There was a boy standing there, his back facing you. You took a deep breath and worked up the courage to walk up to the boy. "Um... excuse me... are you the person who wrote that letter" you softly said. The boy turned around to face you. You sighed "hey (Y/N)" he said. It was your old friend Makoto (you're welcome) "hey Makoto! What's up" you asked "did you get my letter?" He asked "uh yeah. So..... what do you need" you asked him "I need to tell you something" Makoto said taking a step closer to you "I like you (Y/N)" he said softly. You didn't say anything. You always thought highly of your friend. You even had a crush on him for a while "don't worry I'm not going to pressure you into a relationship" he smiled at you "just think about what I said, you don't need to give me an answer. I just wanted to tell you" he said patting your head, he then walked away. You smiled stupidly to yourself thinking about it. Same old Makoto. Always wanting you to be comfortable, you thought. Little did you know, someone was watching you.

You walked into the gym and noticed that not all the players were there. "Hey mom, where's Hinata?" You asked Suga "Hm? Oh he hasn't come yet" He told you "what? Are you sure?" You asked "pretty sure. Daichi is holding of a practice game to wait for him. We've been waiting for at least fifteen minutes. Do you know where he is?" Suga asked you "well I saw him after class and I told him to go ahead without me since I had something I needed to do" you told the Silver haired made. Suddenly the door slid open and an out of breath Hinata was there with his hands on his knees. "Sorry I'm late!" He said. He looked over to you and grinned at you weirdly. "Hurry up at get over here Hinata!" Yelled Kageyama. Hinata ran over and started to play the game.

You walked home by yourself because Hinata said he had to do something again. Wonder what's up with him. You felt someone put their hand on your shoulder. "Hi (Y/N)" said Kageyama "oh hi Kageyama" you said smiling. "Where's Hinata?" He asked "no idea" you said shrugging. There was an awkward silence between the two of you for a minute until he broke it "how long have you known Hinata for?" He asked you "six years" you said "we were classmates for a long time" you told him "are you two close?" Kageyama asked "I guess so. I mean I've known him for a long time and his mother knew my brother because she was his teacher when he was in high school" you explained. Kageyama nodded. You came to a turn and stopped "I have to turn here" you said "um okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow" Kageyama said waving to you, you waved back and headed down the street.

"I'm home!" You called taking off your shoes. "Rei, are you home?!" You called again. You walked around the house and found your brother staring shockingly at the TV. "Rei, what are you doing?" You asked looking at the TV. Your eyes widened. The person on the TV said:
"Earlier this afternoon, a high schooler was found dead inside a utility closet. The young man was identified at Makoto Tachibana who has recently transferred to Karasuno high school. The authorities say that the boy died from being choked to death. We don't know yet if this was a suicide or a murder, but the evidence points to this being a suicide because no traces of another human was found. The police have checked for fingerprints and there were none. Investigators are still investigating this case and will give the final cause of death tomorrow".

"That's was your old friend" Rei said looking at you. You didn't reply, you just stared at the screen shocked, tears forming at the corners of your eyes. "I-I don't understand..... h-how?" You stuttered fighting back tears, "they say it was a suicide" your brother said "h-how? He wouldn't do that!" You protested "what time do they think it occurred?" You asked "around 2:30" Rei said. You gasped. "That.... that was ten minutes after......." you muttered "after what?" Rei asked "n-nothing" you turned around and walked to your room. Your brother watched you leave skeptically.

You ran up the stairs to your room and locked the door. You sat on your bed and started to cry. Thoughts were flooding your brain. How could he have done that? Did someone hurt him? Was it my fault? You kept thinking hard about the situation. Then one idea formed in your head. Did Hinata? No, never. You covered your
head with your pillow. I'm so sorry. How could I have let this happen?

~~~A/N~~~

Yo. So yes I killed of Makoto. I was crying while writing this. Just so you know, your brother is not the same Rei from "Free!" I just liked the name Rei. See you later guys gals and non-binary pals.

-Author-chan