eight

"People say you're depressed and- an all around angry person." I breathed into the crook of his neck as we sat, cuddled up on the hotel bed.
  "People lie." He shrugged.
  "Well tell me something true?"
  "I'm bitterly fascinated with you." He kissed my neck and I giggled.
  "I should be getting going- Dave is gonna be suspicious." I continued laughing and he kissed my jawline, chin, and made his way up to my nose.
  "Just stay a little while longer." He whined.
  "I can't baby." He sighed as I got up and creeped towards the room I shared with Dave.
  That night I dreamt about Kurt holding a baby girl with his eyes and blonde hair.
  I woke up to Dave's contagious laughter at the tv screen. He stood shirtless and soaked from a bath that was still draining.
  "Put a shirt on." I said lighting a cigarette.
  "Slut." He coughed, jokingly.
  "Shove off faggot." I laughed as he threw on a shirt.
  "Want anything to eat?"
  "No I'm just gonna smoke a little." I shrugged, opening the window and breathing in the damp Oregan air. It only took us a day to get here.
  "You've been hanging out with Kurt too much, a cigarette at eight am, healthy."
  "What are you gonna do about it? Tattle?" I mocked lightly.
  "Boy you're a real peach today, princess." I heard Kurt say, I turned to see his head poking out of the door the conjoined our rooms.
  "Morning princess." I smiled, resisting the incredible urge to kiss him.
  "We gotta rehearse in like 20 minutes." Dave nodded. "You wanna come?" Kurt asked. I shook my head.
  He winked indicating he would cut out early to meet me here.
  "I'm pretty worn out and home sick actually."
  "Homesick from Virginia?" Dave asked.
  "No my cardboard box in Seattle." I spoke sarcastically.
  "I miss home too."
  A fire like hunger grew in my belly, but I had no desire to eat, no desire to sleep in. I want the pleasure and pain that comes with Kurt. I want it all. I guess I never quite understood love until Kurt. He's my first. Love is like a flower. If you just like it you pick it, but if you love it you water it everyday and take care of it. I may not have other references but he makes my blood boil and gets me excited in the best ways possible.
   I often told myself that love wasn't real, I said that because I had never been given any. I'm just afraid it will all come crashing down.
  His calming voice, his smooth skin, cool eyes; like a glass of water on a hot day. His smile. That's were the trouble started. That damn smile.
  Kurt and I met on a cold sunday morning when I had just moved to Seattle. I was waiting tables at my new job when I first met Krist and Kurt. Dave had just taken a drumming spot in their band. 
  I ran to Panna and pointed Kurt out.
  "Look at that smile, that fucking smile will be the death of me"
  "Oh come on Darlene." She laughed. "That's a little much don't you think?"
  "No there's something about him. I couldn't tell you what though." I could remember that day like yesterday. The stars seemed brighter that night as I thought of him, I guess I never noticed.