two

"Dave man you gotta put a stop to this." I spoke lighting my cigarette, sliding the magazine over to him. Her green eyes still sparkled with their flecks of gold even with terror on her face.
  "I know it's just that she never wants any help- I tried to help her after she dropped out a couple months ago and she wouldn't accept anything I offered. She's bringing this upon herself man. I love her and everything but she's gotta get her shit together." He pushed the magazine away and Krist grabbed it, continuing to devour his breakfast. 
  "She's pretty, Dave, we need to get security out looking for her." He agreeded with me as I handed him my plate of food, my stomach ached too much to eat.
  "I don't care what you all do at this point but I give you the best of luck because she's impossible to work with."
  "At least she's good looking!" Krist yelled as Dave walked into the bathroom, dismissing Krist's gesture with the wave of his hand.
  I sighed grabbing my pen and notebook, my mind racing as I tried to articulate my thoughts into lyrics.
  "Time to binge, I'm lucky I'm alive, not happy for my price. Saving up the time I spend away from you, giving it away so I can get through."
  I shook my head unsure about the lyrics I was jotting down.
  "Cut myself with care, take your time, stop and stare. I have lice, I'm gross just like you."
  "She's stubborn, my eyes grow for you, they're like oceans, take me home, take me home. Babies cry, cruel world let's die, take me home, I'm scared."
  I rolled my eyes as the news reporter caught my atteintion. A young lady in a black dress with red lipstick and permed brown hair.
  "Good morning Seattle!" Her obnoxious voice jarred. "Today we have quite the important story to cover so lets dig in! In Seattle right now we have Washington's own, Nirvana!" She paused for clapping as our pictures shot across the screen and panned in on Dave.
  "Drummer of the band, Dave Grolh has a sister living homeless in the Seattle area, it is rumored that she is on opiates. We have also heard that Dave is scared of his sister taking his spotlight. What do you think is going on Dan?" She turned to her coanchor.
  "Well Diane I think that Dave just doesn't want his sister in on the spotlight with her own band Crystal Blue and everything." They think they know what's going on but the don't even know the half of what's happened to Darlene. Dave tells the story when he's high and upset, day it started he walked up to the bathroom and she was sat on the edge of the bathtub- tears stained her cheeks as she struggled to get the pill bottle open. It was surreal to think about. I'd never seen Dave cry, but he cried that day. 
  Dave's phone began to ring and I heard him pick it up.
  "Mom stay out of it she's an adult now- what do you want me to do hunt her down?" He sounded frustrated.
  "She doesn't want my help she could have called last night." I laughed lighting a new cigarette, Dave still let's his mom push him around. They argued for a minute- until he hung up.
  A wild goose chase for a girl who doesn't want to be found.