10/10- Part 1

5 days later...
October 9th 2004.

Sasuke POV

Nikou's birthday is tomorrow. And of course the newly-dubbed 'Konoha 12' has taken it into their own hands to plan some extravagant event. Normally if it was anyone, we'd have a small celebration, nothing fancy, but this is Nikou's birthday. On her birthday she is never in the spotlight, her younger siblings-the 'royals rats as we call them- are. Tomorrow they are going to be showered in gifts and praises from at least 2/3 of the villagers, only the best for Konoha's saviors afterall. We all know how this makes Nikou feel and we all know it's her who should be celebrated- she contains the Kyuubi while her siblings bear decorative seals. We make sure that October 10th is her day, that she is in the spotlight. I'll tell you the plan but no details that's for tomorrow.

1. Travel to Nikou's house to personally awake her-unfortunately I will have to put up w/ her awful parents
2. Take Nikou out shopping early in the morning, well, more like be dragged around by Nikou as she picks a 'suitable outfit' for later
3. Bring Nikou to the party location

And the rest is a secret. Now you may be asking why I-a member of the seemingly indifferent Uchiha clan-care so much for Nikou and the answer is... I don't know. Nikou brings out a side of me that makes me want to be nicer. I suppose that happens after 9 years of friendship. Our bond is similar to that of siblings, completely platonic.

October 10th

I wake up at approximately 6am and prepare for the day by washing and dressing in appropriate clothing for today:

I begin on my way, The rest of my family will be asleep until 6:30 meaning that breakfast will be ready by 7:30 as my mother first needs to shower and pick a suitable outfit before she begins on breakfast

I begin on my way, The rest of my family will be asleep until 6:30 meaning that breakfast will be ready by 7:30 as my mother first needs to shower and pick a suitable outfit before she begins on breakfast. This gives Nikou and I 1 hour and 30 minutes to do everything we need to do before breakfast. 30 means for us to leave Nikou's house and begin shopping which we will have finished in an hour. Perfect, as long as there are no setbacks we will be right on schedule.
The reason I do this on Nikou's birthday is because I know it pains her to wake up on her birthday hearing her parents wish her siblings happy birthday and tell them the plan for their big day, the plan which does not include Nikou. So to avoid this I have her out of the house before the brats wake up.
Ah, I've arrived.
Upon entering the house I see Yondaime-sama and Kushina-San— otherwise known a Nikou's shitty parents— chatting quietly, careful not to wake their slumbering children. They look at me in suprise before smiling.

"Sasuke-San, I presume you're here to wish our children a happy birthday," Yondaime-Sama surmises.
I return their smiles with a blank face and reply, "one of them, yes,"
They both look confused for a spilt second before smiling again and 'informing' me that Brat #1 and Brat #2 won't be up for a while, "but you're welcome to stay and wait of course!" Kushina exclaims, grinning at me. I wave her off and begin to go upstairs, Kushina looks ready to show me just why it is that she's called the Red Hot Habanero for what she assumes I'm about to do-wake up her darling children to wish them a happy birthday, which couldn't be farther from what I intend to do.