"Well, go get fucking maintenance because the guy in there is very unstable. You will be in more trouble for just standing there while a man could be dying in there." The guy jumps then scatters off. Zayn turns to me and rubs my back. "It'll be okay."

"I just want him to open the door." I cry out, softly hitting my forehead against the door. "I love you, Harry. Don't be dead, please. Don't be-"

About ten minutes pass and maintenance comes. The door opens and the first thing I spot is the broken pill bottle with the pills all over the floor. I check the shower behind the door to find Harry sitting there fully clothed. His arms rested on his knees and his head hung low. I turn the water off then kneel down in front of him. I lift his head up, but he kept his eyes closed.

"Harry," I shake him. "Harry, look at me." his eyes shoot open and move to mine. They were puffy and red, so the green of his eyes popped. I continue to cry then pull him into a hug. "This isn't what I wanted."

"Have you taken any?" Zayn asks from behind me, stepping on the pills.

Harry shakes his head, looking down. "I couldn't do it." his voice was dry. "I'm sorry."

"Come on, let's get him out of there." Zayn steps forward and I move back.

Zayn lifts him off the shower floor, carrying him to the bed. The others left after I assured them we would take care of him. I grab a towel, heading over to Harry who just sat on the edge of the bed while Zayn went to clean up the mess. I peel the soaking wet shirt off of him then dried his top half. I wrap the towel around his shoulders then knelt in front of him.

"Hey," I reach up and caress his cheek.

Harry turns his head and kisses my hand. "I'm sorry." he apologizes again. "I just can't live like this anymore." he tells me, looking down at me. "I know it's my fault that everything is different now, but I lost you and I'm losing my friends. No one cares about me anymore."

"I care." I sit next to him. "I will always care about you, Harry."

He looks down and shakes his head. "I will be blocked out of everyone's life. That's what happened to Zayn. I saw how much he was suffering when I first seen him after many years and I don't want to be like that." he says and Zayn comes, standing by his side.

"You running away and disappearing for two weeks didn't help." Zayn points out. "Everyone was worried about you."

The room becomes quiet and Zayn decides to wait in the hall.

"Harry, look at me." I embrace his face and wiping his tears away with my thumb. "I still love you and I have missed you and should've told you before, but there can't be an us anymore." I tell him and he lets out a disappointed groan. Tears fell as he closed his eyes. "You have Caroline and a baby to worry about. I– I have my future to think about. You can't lose your job over this stupid relationship and I don't want this to follow me. It was a bad way to end it, but good that it ended before we got caught."

"This will always follow you, Rylee." he says lowly. "Mostly the bad memory of what I did. I know because it follows me every day and I hate myself more and more. I imagine how much hatred you have toward me when you think about it."

"I don't hate you." I sigh.

"You're lying." he argues. "There's no way you don't hate me after-"

"I was angry and very upset with you. I never understood why you would want to hurt me like that and it took me a while to realize you actually didn't want to because I know it was never your intention."

"I didn't want to hurt you." he assures me. "I never thought I would. Everything happened so fast and I didn't realize what I was doing till after. I'm so sorry for it."

"Stop apologizing," I close my eyes. "Because it won't change anything. It happened and it's done. I don't hate you and I'm willing to move on from all of this. I just need to make sure none of this will happen again because I still care about you and your well being Harry."

Harry nods, biting his lip. "So that means a fresh start? We're just going to forget–"

"Everything." I finish his sentence. "From the first kiss to now. Can you do that?"

He shrugs. "I don't know how I'll explain my absence to Parker or Liam." he sighs then stands up. "I sure can't tell them I went mad over a student of mine. Shit-" he curses. "I actually went mental."

I chuckle. "You'll think of something and remember it's all forgotten by tomorrow."

He runs his hand through his wet hair. "I-I need to change my pants." he tells me, looking down at his soaked bottom half. "I'll see you back in town then."

"I don't want to leave you alone."

"I won't do anything to hurt myself, Rylee." he says, starting to unbutton his jeans. "You should head back now so you won't get home late."

"Promise me you'll be in class tomorrow morning."

"I promise, now go. Zayn is waiting." he gestures to the door. "I'll be fine."

I reach over and touch his arm one last time. We smile at each other before I leave his room. Zayn questions me immediately after I exit. He didn't want to leave Harry alone, but I convinced him to. He asked more questions in the car until I fell asleep.

_________________
Welllll my thumb accidentally hit the publish button while I was rereading aha. But i was towards the end so it doesn't matter😜
ENJOYYYYYY!